Agnostic.com

4 5

LINK Rules Are for Schmucks: How to Save Freedom of Choice - TheHumanist.com

FTA: The buzzword of the day is “religious liberty,” which seemingly means “You can break whatever laws you like so long as God commands.”

This commitment to the protection of religious liberty has led to countless special privileges for the devout. Religious corporations can offload healthcare costs onto the federal taxpayer or their employees directly, because that’s what God wants. Churches can laugh off zoning regulations that apply to everyone else, because that’s what God wants. Religious schools can kick out handicapped kids. Religious employers can discriminate against black people, gay people, pregnant women, or anyone else they like. Religious drug users can freely ingest hallucinogens that would send anyone else straight to jail. The list goes on and on.

zblaze 7 Sep 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Hold on... Religious drug users can freely ingest hallucinogens? I’m on the wrong team.

[peyoteway.org]

And they need not pay taxes. Always knew I was destined to be a priest of some sort.

My hope this is a last gasp. The "everyone else" crowd needs to get just as good at mobilizing. Stop being so divided on each of our nitches and be united against their 15th centuary bullshit.

I'd just like to see them pay their fair share of taxes.
And stay the fuck out of politics!

Lets hear it from the Pastafarians.

Ramen!

The FSM spoke to a physicist 🙂

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:173208
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.