Agnostic.com

5 1

Just wanted to know if anyone else out there is having difficulty meeting like minded people? I live in a very religious and conservative community. I have tried dating sites, but most of the women anywhere close to my age live far away and are religious, or young and iso a wealthy sugar daddy. I just don't know where to turn

jimmy1961 4 Jan 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Dating sites aren't the problem if your "Needs, Wants, Red Flags and Show-Stoppers" are well articulated. I've done that on Match, and have met many very like-minded women. Sadly the chemistry was lacking in many of those cases, and admittedly, there was one or two that thought they needed to "Save" me - however, I've been fortunate to have at least made several friends along the way.

Yes, it's like this all over I think. I have seen a few posts about this and I have even mentioned this in a post awhile back. But not just because having the same non theists beliefs, is going to make a foundation for anything.. one needs chemistry, communication, attraction, etc. Sucks when you get attracted to someone then come to find out they are a bible thumper.. so depressing.

I'm constantly surrounded by Christians. It's a really religious city.

I live in Salt Lake City. I know how you feel.

I want to relay an experience a friend has. Her husband died 3 years back and she was determine to find another partner and I have never met anyone more determined. It seemed more like a business to me. She had certain criteria ie, no trump supporter #1 and other specific things. She went through 100s, of short meetings and she ended up in a couple of good relationship that didn't last (and got hurt a little bit). But, she kept up her search and the last time I checked in, she was having so much fun dating, that she wasn't sure she wanted to get married, again!! Now, I may not want to work that hard, but it may take that much work! She is a wonderful friend and I am sure that every body is having as much fun with her as I have! If you make it a fun thing, it looks like you win, no matter how it turns out! Good luck...

I’m sorry to hear this is happening. If it isn’t one thing it’s another. Religion is like a freaking virus that spread. I’m sure you will have more luck here on this site. Most of the people here are very kind hearted people from what I’ve gsthered. I had to join this site just so I would not feel alone cause I’m surrounded by the infected minds. Good luck to you and best wishes!!!

@CharlesAhrens I sure hope not!!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:17329
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.