Agnostic.com

31 6

What do you think is the common link in this "group"? Do you think it's dating, or theology based? What is it that you are looking for, by being here?

Self explanatory sort of question, inspired by curiosity. Nothing more. I seek no one, or anything except understanding.

Dreegle 4 Jan 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

31 comments (26 - 31)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I’ve already noticed many people are not looking to date. So the theology, of course.

I think most people use it for discussion but that does not preclude meeting others

Dating, new friends, using my brain and potential relationships on the horizon.

Wow. Lots of responses. I don't think I can respond to them all. Intelligent conversation seems to be the common thread... which, to me seems paradoxical. I mean, that would be ok, if we were conversing. We're taking turns, to express ideas, that are relevant to a topic, conversation requires interjections, and rambling off into bizarre fantasies, jumping down psychological rabbit holes, and determining the rationality, possibility and plausibility of passing events. Clouds can look like dragons, and the matrixing effect within our brains can transport people to fantastic realms, with conversation... We take turns to tell our side, and our medium is words, forming sentences, forming puzzles and riddles about unique impacts upon our lives, and how others interpret them... I guess. So, I guess, the next question would have to be... What determines an intelligent "conversation"? How can you tell if you're having one? Or are you merely engaged in bonding with a peer? Intelligence takes many forms, So an intelligent discussion between two people, would be more easily engaged between of similar backgrounds? So, validation from our peers. Yes? I'm fine with that... but do you think that's what people are "subconsciously" looking for? Why we get drawn places?

I'm here for the exchange of ideas. Dating sites have never worked for me.

skado Level 9 Jan 22, 2018

There's only one common link I've noticed in this group: we all like discussing various different subjects.

Jnei Level 8 Jan 22, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:17345
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.