Agnostic.com

6 1

So as non believers what do you think of all the crosses you see people wearing as if to ward off evil? It's on people in movies, on the streets, everywhere you look. Like they want to indoctrinate others.
Do you think we should invent a NON religious sign?
I wear a Star of David specifically because Jews were not allowed to during Hitler. I wear it more in defiance than any other reason. I feel sometimes like I'm warding off the freaking crosses people think surround them with a magic spell.
Also I really really hate when people say "god saved us" during a tragedy when everyone who died probably believed in god so why did they die? People are so hypocritical & mean when they say that.
I especially have a strong dislike for Catholics because growing up most of them kept a distance from me due to being Jewish. Also I was FORCED to say the lord's prayer in grammar school.
When my kids went to daycare the place said the lord's prayer and I told the daycare to fkg stop it. They resisted until I called the dept of State Education because they get state funding. Well guess who couldn't say the prayer in the daycare anymore? One guy used to slap the kids with a ruler if they didn't do it.
Catholics=hypocritical war mongers. 99% of wars are over religion. What does that say about them?

K9Kohle789 8 Jan 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Symbolism is powerful. I wear the Celtic Tree of Life, and get complements all the time.

I'm all for it...lets me know who to avoid before a word is uttered.

I think it's a piece of jewelry for many of them. My aunt had given me a beautiful carved turquoise cross because I was into turquoise at the time and I wore it despite my non belief.

Which makes me a bit of hypocrite because I had joined a dating site and rejected anyone that was wearing a cross in their pics.

Damn. Food for thought.

Joseph Campbell said the usual course of a religion plays out in retail with the cartoon characterization of the deity/god. They (cross bearers) are wearing them selves out. Like the mice repeatedly hitting that lever trying to get a reward. Eventually the behavior will extinguish.

gipsy Level 4 Jan 22, 2018

Think about the aerial view of someone wearing a cross.

I see a big O t.

Give em heLl! I don't pay attention to crosses, I see the billboards, EVERYWHERE. I'm so sick of them and Jesus saving all the phone poles! I went to Maine with my father once, you didn't see that crap everywhere, but I'm not going up there!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:17369
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.