Agnostic.com

8 1

How often do you check out books from your public library?

Hermit 7 Sep 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yesterday, I went to the library and asked if they had any books on turtles. Librarian asked "Hardback?" I said, "Yeah, with little heads."

never. i am irresponsible and forgetful and i don't return them. then i feel bad. no, i had best just refrain, tempting though those books may be.

g

Hardly ever these days. I find and download epub torrents and let my computer read the books to me. 🙂

Two or three books every few weeks. I love the library!

I am a member of the library Book Club. We meet once a month. Our discussions are lively, intelligent, thoughtful, insightful and hilarious. Mostly women, ages 30 to 80.

Book Club provides social support and a sense of community, important for health. I love reading new books that I haven't heard about.

We also raise money to help poor African women start businesses. Locally, we donate toiletries for homeless women at the women's shelter.

I don't check out many books, but I check out DVDs a couple of times a week.

I don't expect to live long enough to read all the books and e-books I already have. (that doesn't mean I won't buy more, that would be silly.)

Good question. Never. As the best of their collection can’t be checked out from within their ‘historical room,’ requiring me to sit there ..and read. No thanks. If it’s not online, someone’s gonna have to tell me about it.

My library, which I vote to support (and use their copy machine), has a couple ties to online media outlets that give access to audio books, movies, TV series, music and learning lectures, but they’re limited (and have recently reduced the number of monthly borrows). I do attend public meetings at the Lib, and occasionally read a newspaper I don’t take, and have checked out various DVD’s … but when walking between the books ..rarely even look 😕

Varn Level 8 Sep 8, 2018

Never... Gotta buy my own copy. I do highlight lot of stuff and scribble irreverent comments all over. Someone will have a lot fun after I am gone

Once or twice a month. I have a well stocked library in my house, so I could go without borrowing books, but I like to make the trip to the library to see what's new, greet the librarians, and just take in the atmosphere. One of my favorite supplemental part-time jobs when younger was working in a bookstore. There is something comforting and inspiring about being surrounded by books.

Deb57 Level 8 Sep 8, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:174464
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.