Agnostic.com

7 1

Jehovah's Withnesses

What are your opinions about the Jehova's Withnesses?

GlaslowII 4 Sep 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

They are most hated cult of them all. I let them say there piece and send them on there way. Even the christain sects will have nothing to do with them. I think they centered there beliefs one little section of the bible and hope they more suckers for there cause.

To be Honest they always attack people at their weakest, they always take advantage people's problems and struggles.. I once hear to a witness that they do actually go to hospitals.. And i was shocked by what they are doing at hospitals... They said that they always say to sick and dying people that it's okay even if they die because there eternal life..

I won't place them as the worst. Bad, no doubt, but Scientologists and Mormons have and continue to inflict pain through their political and financial power. They do have crazy beliefs; I will say this, they stand by them, and like Quakers are anti war and German JW'S had a triangle and were arrested in WWII by the Nazis. That said, I try to avoid contact with them.

they are entitled to believe such foolishness as they will. they do tend to have a bit of a problem with sexual abuse within the congregation (whether this involves clergy, as it does in the catholic church, or just the clergy's admonition that the abused remain silent, i do not know). to that they are NOT entitled. i understand they do not wish to vote or be involved in other worldly matters, as god is in control. naturally, as an atheist, i think that's dumb, but people have a right to be dumb, even in large, organized numbers. but they really should be investigated for the child abuse thing. that's not legal and it goes beyond religious freedom.

g

I actually raised in a witness family.. That makes me so familiar of their teachings.. And yes they are actually good at filtering news all kinds of transactions are always private..
And yes they do have ranking systems those people in lower ranks don't even have the right to speak against the church because it was a deal behind the person and the elders.. You don't have the right to speak against them.. It is hard to witness people to be puppet or robot at all times.

@GlaslowII i am glad you got away. everything i have heard (most of it from someone who still, as far as i can tell, believes!) is just dreadful and repressive.

g

@genessa to be honest i still attend at my family's congregation.. My life is in jeopardy right now because this religion pressures/destroys my life. Yes, they know that I'm always skeptical.. And they know that i don't want to be part of that religion. It is hard for me because I'm doing these things for my family, i can't put my family into shame. Maybe someday they will realize something.

@GlaslowII that is rough. at some point, though, you have to take care of yourself and leave your family if you must, to escape the oppression. the fact is, they certainly will never escape if you don't.

g

I truly feel bad for them for some reason. I am always polite but send them away.

Like every other religion, theirs is a scam based on a myth. Also, they are very pushy in their missionary work. Sometimes I play along with them, but they seem to get scared off when I demand evidence and logical reasoning.

Fact: they give up everything they have... Example: you are a great musician or artist.. You have to give up that talent and be a missionary even if you don't actually gain anything, additionally : if you are rich, they will accept you but you are not allowed to spend big anymore.. Because the members or the congregation will look down into you..

Having spent a portion of the first half my life as a Jehovah's Witness, including being one of their "Elders" for a while, my opinion is that they are a fundamentalist Christian religion, and like all religions, one's wasted time is directly proportional to the time spent practicing the religion. Additionally, as a fundamentalist religion, many claim it psychologically damaged them.

Which congregation sir...? It's okay, even if you don't respond

I can't stand brainwashing and their stupid indoctrination

@GlaslowII In Hollywood and Eagle Rock California as a , in Sun Valley California as an adult.

Horribly ignorant people with horrible and ignorant opinions.

Dietl Level 7 Sep 9, 2018

They are not ignorant... They are arrogant.. I actually meet witnesses that are surprisingly intelligent.. They do actually talk about quantum physics..A.I and so many science branches... But the problem is they always reject evolution.. What i mean by reject is they don't actually disprove it.. They kinda like just ignore it completely.. I kinda stumble upon a witness and she talked about evolution, DNA and such stuff.. She just says that believing in evolution is a stupid idea,But doesn't give any good argument why evolution is not true...

@Glaslowll
Of course there are always exeptions and some might quite intelligent, but on some issues like evolution ignorance is necessary for being a witness.

I feel sorry for them. What a sad way to live! I offer them cold water if they come by but I won't listen to their sermons or take their pamphlets.

Actually, I was born in a jehovah's withnesses family.. I can't accept that my family is indoctrinated and brainwashed by that religion

Just a additional fact about jehovah's withnesses... They actually hate sciences and other kind of stuff that was made by humanity to make our lives better..
Yes, they do acknowledge that these kind of innovations do help lots of people but they can't accept that these kind of stuff proves and actually helps/make our lives better... Because they think that god's power is greater and better than humanity has done.. Actually longtime ago i got into an argument about my brother because i mentioned quantum physics and all about quantum technology.. I was pretty positive with that kind and technologies and I'm pretty shocked because he said to me "Jehovah's Technology is better than quantum physics"

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:175215
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.