Agnostic.com

14 0

How do you heal a broken heart?

bleurowz 8 Sep 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Have you tried the LOVE OF JESUS? I've heard a lot of good things about him. I mean, Him.

Cue the soundtrack...

As others have said...time is the best healer, in the meantime involve yourself in other things as much as possible. Taking your mind off the hurt and trying to look outwards rather than internalising your feelings will help you lessen the pain. Good friends can be helpful, so if you have any you can confide in do so. I lost my first fiancé to Hodgkin’s Disease when I was twenty-four and thought my world had ended. My uncle told me that I would meet someone else in time, but I didn’t believe him and thought I would never find another love like him. Three years later he was proved right and I met Peter whom I fell in love with at first meeting and was married to for 37 years until his death eight years ago.

Time helps, let yourself feel the sadness but then get out and around people. Sorry, my friend. It is a difficult place to be.

Love yourself, and understand that you are worth loving. The person who broke your heart either wouldn't see the real you OR wasn't the right person to see and love the real you.

Oh, and time...

I embrace my broken heart, listen to love songs, let myself grieve my relationship (or one that never was) and let the grief run its course.

Then some shiny new object might catch your eye for a distraction to make the time go quicker.

Oh yeah - and spend hours per day on this site to make the time go really fast! 🙂

I guess there are many ways, the one that comes to mind it's time

Hearts are fragile things. I have recently become aware of the Japanese artform called Kintsugi. It's a technique used to repair broken pottery. Gold powder is mixed with a resin so that rather than trying to hide the broken place it is highlighted to make the object more beautiful. I like to think of my heart as having a number of these golden veins. i wear them as proudly as I wear my wrinkles and gray hair. All of them show that I've engaged with life and taken chances -- a fair number of which have just added to the golden veins in my heart (not literally). I suspect that when we stop trying so hard to heal and start being as gentle with ourselves as we would be if we had a broken limb, we might give ourselves time and space to add to our Kintsugi.

A one night stand helps.

Carin Level 8 Sep 10, 2018

Time, rejection is a form of remorse.

I love this beautiful passage from National Book Award winner, "Three Junes," by Julia Glass:

"Splinters in the heart, invisibly and erratically painful: this is how Fern has thought of her accumulating sorrows. Impossible to expel or withdraw; if you're lucky, they slip out on their own. But perhaps they are more like the seeds inside a brightly patterned gourd, beyond germination but essential to the wholeness of the gourd itself. Without breaking its durable, ossified skin, you cannot remove them; sometimes they will clatter abut and make themselves known. It's just the nature of things."

Time. Exercise. Meditation. Support groups. Counseling.

Take responsibility for your part, learn from it, and let the bad feelings go.

Let go of resentments and anger. Grudge-holding only hurts the person holding onto the grudge. You will emerge wiser.

I believe painful experiences are an annealing process, like strengthening steel with fire.

This is an opportunity to learn and grow.

The Bee Gees and I are still trying to figure it out, but living day by day always helps. 🙂

Ahhhh... Thanks for the memory !! That was a great song

Time, self care, self forgiveness. Find Balance.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:175505
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.