Agnostic.com

34 3

If you could pump enormous amounts of money into scientific research, what would it be for?

AMGT 8 Jan 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

34 comments (26 - 34)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Brain and spinal cord injuries...

Joint repair!!!!!!!!!

How to manipulate genes so that we can cure as many diseases as possible. Basically, condition our immune system as perfectly as possible

So many good, vital places that need financing! I like to think that I would be magnanimous in spreading my money around, but I would probably end up with selfish choices: Alzheimer's, Fibromyalgia, and CIDP/MADSAM.

If I had enormous amounts of money to pump into anything, it would likely be the education systems. But if it's only scientific research, then undoubtedly it would be exoplanet exploration and interplanetary spaceflight.

How can we build better storage units for our technology. Our batteries just aren't enough. We have enough computing power on our phones to send a man to the moon, but only two hours to get him there before the batter runs out.

Oh, and batteries that don't blow up either.

My first thought was cancer, or more broadly, unlocking the human immune system to fight off allm kinds of ailments.

But then I reconsidered. I am alarmed about global warming most of all. Some technology to actually reverse the accumulation of greenhouse gasses would be something I would gladly invest in. Flip side of that would be renewable energy to actualize its potential to completely replace fossil fuels.

My first thought was cancer, or more broadly, unlocking the human immune system to fight off allm kinds of ailments.

But then I reconsidered. I am alarmed about global warming most of all. Some technology to actually reverse the accumulation of greenhouse gasses would be something I would gladly invest in. Flip side of that would be renewable energy to actualize its potential to completely replace fossil fuels.

Wow-what an interesting question) Probably if I had extra money that I could invest, I would invest in ocean research, because if I don't hang around, only one-tenth of the world's oceans have been studied. it would be very important to do qualitative analysis in the ocean of healthcare because without one hundred percent quality, we will not see good results and if we do, they will not be true. In general, even without all this, I believe that you should always and everywhere speak and be truthful if you want to change something for the better in this world.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:17592
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.