Agnostic.com

5 3

LINK Why Spacetime is an Illusion - Carlo Rovelli Nautilus | Science Connected

Just read a book of his. Interesting ideas about time.

Tomfoolery33 9 Sep 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

"There exists only the present instant... a Now which always and without end is itself new. There is no yesterday nor any tomorrow, but only Now, as it was a thousand years ago and as it will be a thousand years hence." Meister Eckhart
Read more at: [brainyquote.com]

I know this quote, and this philosophy well. Carlo Rovelli speaks of the physics of time, and not the perception of time, or the philosophical ideas of time.

@tnorman1236 Yes, I just threw it out there for comments. Try as I may, I can barely grasp "spacetime." Am not a mathematician so I just accept it. Spacetime has been proven in experiments so I don't doubt it. I don't knowingly experience spacetime every day so I struggle to comprehend it. Still learning.

Why can be the question but the existence of space/time is present in our brain. We live within the space/time continuum , exist , have being within it. Ergo we only exist because of our perception via our own brain. Past and future are not even a factor in the continuum itself. When we are in an state of panic, such as car crash, time is much slower and our brain shuts down all other thought allowing us to see all in detail. We then say time goes slow. It is the same time within our continuum but only our brain differentiated. It is all relative

EMC2 Level 8 Sep 12, 2018

this reminds me of the philosophy term paper i wrote in college. my teacher didn't like it and gave me a d. but then, he was an idiot.

g

Very cool made me think of this [en.m.wikipedia.org]

interesting. i guess "time flies when you're having fun." explains why recess is so short.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:176088
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.