Agnostic.com

10 0

How do you feel about internet relationship?

It seems impossible to find a mate, a partner, a friend, just anybody relevant. How do you feel about internet relationship? You are still in your individual shelter, and you are making at the same time. Even mating half way around the planet.

gamajun2002us 4 Jan 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I could write a book on some of the internet dating, interactions, stories & crap I have encountered through the years. It never ceases to amaze me how many con artists, players, walking talking bullshitters are out there. Yes, I have met a few good ones & some are still my friends to this day but those kind are far and few between. So many scammers and hackers prey on desperate, lonely women. I however, am not one of them.. they find that out very quickly 🙂 & I make sure they do.

I have mixed feelings about it. I was involved in a long-distance online relationship from 2002 until 2007 with a gal from the Great White North when I lived in California. We spent face time almost every night over the Internet. We both had our computers and video cams in our bedrooms and would often just leave them running overnight as we slept -- pretending we were "together." Once or twice a year we would meet IRL, with her traveling to California or me traveling to Toronto and driving north a couple of hours.

We always had a good time when we got together, and in the beginning had a lot of fun online. Over time, though, we were never able to work out a feasible plan to be together IRL for the long term and the Internet began to feel like a burden. Together, but alone. Three hour time zone difference. The whole arrangement led to both of us being isolated trying to be together. Eventually, we had to end it. It's really too bad, too, because in every way imaginable we seemed very compatible. We were just too far apart with neither of us in a reasonable position to change what we were doing.

I do still believe Internet relationships can work, but at some point one has to be able to remove the Internet from the equation. If that cannot be done, then failure of the relationship is virtually unavoidable.

Thank you for sharing

I love the Internet. It's the best thing that's ever happened to me. It's the since best experience that has set me free and opened me up to the world. I will love the Internet and adore it with my precious time and gifts for as long as I am sane enough to do so...

Sometimes that seems like the safest way, doesn't it? But, still, there's something lacking.

I'm pretty sure you need someone to be in the same room to mate.

I, like all of us here, had much fun meeting strangers.
My life of a vagabond would be dull otherwise.

It is one of a number of ways of connecting with people and making friends. I have friends I don't see often but stay in touch with over the internet.

My late partner and I got involved with a long distance relationship (I in Seattle and she in Dallas Tx.) and we spent 2 months on the phone before meeting. It established a strong base that chemistry tried to wreck when we did meet. I am proof that distance relationships can work.

I also learned that a distance relationship can have many of the perks (and I am talking about a certain area) that a real relationship can have. One thing that is important for many of us, is alone time. It would be ideal to have that in a real-time relationship but it is not as guaranteed as with an internet relationship.

It's probably a good way to come to someone's attention. I met my last partner via an internet forum and we became internet 'friends' I don't think either of us thought we were having a relationship untill we eventually met up in person.
I've met people in real life that initially I 'knew' through faceache -other musicians mainly.
However in my younger days I'd go to a bar or club take drugs and sometimes end up going home with someone who was in a similar state -not the ideal start to a relationship but still, even to this day, frighteningly common. So the internet as a precursor to a relationship is probably a step forward 🙂

Not for me. Never was.

Well I have dated off dating sites-but the quality of people I have met for the most part has been disappointing. One of twelve guys was articulate, intelligent and attractive. I am meeting some one here long distance this week. The possibilities are here if you put yourself out there. Let people get to know you-share your experiences, likes and dislikes. Take down your barriers.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:17627
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.