Agnostic.com

3 1

Travel More?

As each day passes i find myself less worried about the rat race to pile up money and meaningless possessions to impress strangers, but instead grow more eager to travel and see the world. I want to travel and see the world. Thankfully i work in the I.T. field so i can find work all around the globe, but i can't seem to just let go of the traditional american dream. Has anyone taken extended periods of time away from their career, as in a few months to travel and experience more out of life? was it worth it?

J_Proda 3 Sep 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Hello I.T. Have you tried tuning it off an on again?

Welcome!

It's funny because it's true! i am glad to be moving up the ladder and out of the help desk role soon.

@J_Proda Is the light glowing? YOU NEED TO TURN IT ON! You do know how a button works don't you? No, not on clothes. No that's the sound you hear when it comes on. No, that's what you hear when it turns off. Are you from the past?

Stole that from the IT Crowd. I get asked the dumbest questions.

Hope you get some LULZ out of that.

Several times...never missed the work and O had fun jobs, but travel, or just locally meeting other folks...that's life. The prettiest are wonderful, but people are for me the best

Travel!!! There is no better education in this world. And when you find a place that suits you, maybe then you’ve found home.

thanks for the input. Yeah i definitely don't know where i would like to call home and i don't know how someone can be sure they are at home if they haven't experienced other places and the diversity of not only scenery but in culture and people that this planet of ours has to offer.

@J_Proda yeah exactly. I traveled as much as I could through the years. It’s amazing to see the culture cuisine and lifestyles of other people.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:176866
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.