Agnostic.com

4 2

What happened when a public school student sued over prayer
[cnn.com]

An interesting story. The people here are driven by faith, but does only their faith matter? I'd say yes.

Unicorn1824 7 Jan 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Seems illogical that if God knows everything and is in everything, that there would be any need to say a public prayer to a captive audience. If everything that happens is "God's will," why pray at all? Why give people medicine if they are supposed to be sick? Now I do think it makes sense for everyone to agree on something, and unite/focus their energy, but that has nothing to do with religion.

I just read that article and was checking to see if anyone else had posted. Praying 20 times a day? That guy must not be able to make many decisions on his own. I thought I had trouble making decisions... That should never been allowed to continue for this long.

It is so indoctrinated into their lives in this parish citizens feel lost without their prayers. Sad

Does't a drug addict feel lost w/o the drugs? Well, is the same for these people. Sad.

I am not sure what you mean by "does only their faith matter"

Do they extend the protection of faith to non-Christians?

@Unicorn1824 got it agree with you

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:17712
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.