Agnostic.com

13 0

What is your favorite movie of all time and why?

chicagojcb 7 Jan 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Office Space, and the Tremors series, LOL!

Too many to have a favorite "The three seasons ", " Grand Canyon " , " Pulp Fiction " come to mind right now

Casablanca for sure...Hands down best story and comes with some of the cleverest dialogue as well as fantastic characters and performances.

It's kind of a tossup between the original Shining and Office Space, but about anything with either Jack Nicholson or Meryl Streep . Making movies is still one of the things we Americans do best. So thank Darwin for netflix.

There are so many great movies. I will mention a few that comes to mind right now. In another state of mind my picks would most likely be different.

Coraline.
Black swan.
Breaking the waves.
Requiem for a dream.

These movies are quite different, but what they have in common is the beauty and darkness. I love these movies because they made me think, they made an impression, and for me - That is art.

vsh76 Level 5 Jan 24, 2018

I doubt that I have a "favorite" as I place immense and essentially equal value upon all artistic expression, but one that really made me think was "Akira". I'm not a huge animated movie person, but the plot blew me away the first time I saw it.

Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home. When I was eight the thought of space travel fascinated me. I was learning about space in school and the evolution of technologies for that purpose. And I liked whales too.

Gohan Level 7 Jan 24, 2018

I don't know why, but my favorite movie is still “Hot Wheels World Race: Highway 35.” It’s just a fun moive.

I’m torn between Toy story 1 & one magic Christmas....with Mary steenburgen....both are magical....both had tears in my eyes and a lump in my throat

"My Life As A Dog," "Amelie," "Let The Right One In" and "Nosferatu" (the 1922 one). Reason: they're great films!

Jnei Level 8 Jan 24, 2018

Boys On The Side, it is the most beautiful love story I have ever seen, and it isn't based on sex.

Without a doubt "It's A Wonderful Life" with Jimmy Stewart and Donna Reed, that was directed by Frank Capra. Capra was an extremely gifted director and storyteller. His movies like "Mr. Smith Goes to Washington" and "It's A Wonderful Life" centered around an ordinary man who finds himself facing extraordinary difficulties, yet these protagonists never sacrifice others or their own personal integrity to prevail against adversity. I think that type of integrity and intestinal fortitude is timeless, and we need it more now than ever.

This may get some additions, but"To kill a mockingbird " may be it..

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:17841
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.