Agnostic.com

42 4

Does a bad day give you the right to be un-pleasant?

Marine 8 Sep 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

42 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I’m always unpleasant whether it’s a good day or a bad day.

That has not been my experience with you pet. πŸ™‚

You must have an occasional day when your pleasant. Maybe not.

Not really but look up cantankerous curmudgeon.

And is the treasonous groper's face there?

@LucyLoohoo no, when it comes to Agent Orange I believe Rex Tillerson was right

I'm only human. I have been on both sides of this one. πŸ˜•

Me too! I try not too but it doesn't always work...

@Donna_I yep, me too.

Sometimes the grief overwhelms a persons perspective for a day and they just make the grief greater by their actions.It may not be easy but the people I have come to admire are those people who we say have a stiff upper lip regardless of what comes at them.

it makes it hard to be pleasant. So being unpleasant is easier when you have a bad day

Absolutely not. I have never understood why your shitty day gives you the right to make mine shitty.

No it does not but may not be as in such a great mood.

everyone has a right to be unpleasant. it's not the right thing to do, and it's unjustified, but it's legal. however, we have a right to object, too.

g

The right, no. It does cause us to lose our cool, sometimes. Usually we wind up apologizing for such outbursts later.

Of course not! We're adults and should be able to manage our state!

Yes if its towards the person that made the day bad but otherwise no

I would say "yes".....be as un-pleasant as you like...cuss, scream, call people harsh names.....just do it in the privacy of your own mind and don't spred the infection around. A good total bust out is good for what ails you...

Still no profile photo, so I'm blocking you.

I believe you have every right to feel the way you feel. How you act in response to that feeling is up to you, but other people also have every right to respond to your mood appropriately. You may feel justified in your actions but you likely won't win any friends if you are too grouchy. Try as I might, my feelings get the best of me occasionally. Sometimes I just need to vent, even though I know I will regret it later.

A strategy could be to address your own unpleasantness and not buy into another’s. Either way both unpleasantness and pleasantness are responses of the ego to presented situations.

I have worked in some form of customer service my whole life, and hospitality for nearly 15 years. There is little more frustrating then a someone in a bad mood taking it out on you for no other reason then they know they can get away with it because you have to "take it" or risk your job.

Bad moods happen. I get it. I have bad moods too. But that is not a license to be an asshole.

I don't believe it gives me that right. My stuff is no one else's but mine. I feel the compulsion sometimes to react unpleasantly towards others because i'm human. but giving in to it would be projecting which is something i need to resist, and usually can.

If I've had a bad day and ruin the day of another, I'm not being a nice person. I try to avoid that kind of behavior, but I'm not perfect.

Legally, everyone has a right to be unpleasant. The constitution freedoms of speech, press, religion, etc. protect the right to be unpleasant.

Ethically, I think it wrong to be unpleasant for having a bad day. We should always be kind to others. Besides, we will get more sympathy and comfort if we avoid being unpleasant, and maybe explain that we are a little on edge because such and such happened to us.

No. Got any more brain busters?

This is on topic...

Today was total bullshit. Still, I've shut my trap and kept my naturally aggressive nature to myself. It's bad enough I got treated like a diaper today. It's no good speaking that shit into others.

No, not at all!

Generally no, it gives me the right to keep to myself until I feel better, or to sit on it and spin. It's a likely explanation but not an excuse.

But it depends on how unpleasant vs how bad of a day really; it's all relative. A lot of bad days could be bad enough to fully excuse some minor levels of impatience, anxiety, or being unwilling/able to feign cordiality, oblige solicitors, or abide obnoxious small talk. If by unpleasant you mean your behavior has devolved into recklessness, or actionable beligerence then no, your day probably wasnt bad enough to warrant that unless you're actively being assaulted.

Yes. However, it doesn't give one freedom from the consequences of said unpleasantness. There's a difference, though, between 'unpleasant' and 'cruel' or 'mean-spirited.'. I try not to be deliberately hurtful, but I'm not going to force myself to be sunshine and puppies 24/7, either.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:180298
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.