Agnostic.com

6 1

QUESTION Mapped: The Most Distinctive Causes of Death in Each State

What's in Your Neighborhood ? In an effort to remind us of our own mortality, the Center for Disease Control has published a map of the most distinctive causes of death in every state. Seriously, they mention social media interest in their findings.

Dougy 7 Jan 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

other and unspecified acute lower respiratory infections. I've had bronchitis, like a damn elephant sitting on my chest for weeks. And OMG, check out the cause of death in Louisiana, down there in the bible belt!! And Arkansas death by guns. Go figure. Oregan, Nevada, and Arizona have death by legal intervention, ie assisted suicide. Interesting map!

Holy crap.... we’re doomed !!!!!! thoughts and pra... nah... we’re doomed !

Tomas Level 7 Jan 24, 2018

new mexico-legal intervention nice

Do you mean like 911 ???

@Tomas no see evidentialists post below

After picking myself up off the floor and regaining my composure, I have to tell you I'm overjoyed by the most distinctive cause of death in my state. What is it?

LEGAL INTERVENTION

Okay, so what the hell does that mean? I had to do some serious digging to turn up what they mean by 'Legal Intervention'. When I found it, I was a bit unnerved by it and from this point on will be always on my guard.

Right. So what does it mean?

Legal intervention refers to deaths due to injuries inflicted by police or other law enforcement agents, including military on duty, in the course of arresting or attempting to arrest lawbreakers, suppressing disturbances, maintaining order, and performing other legal actions. It excludes injuries caused by civil insurrections.

Holy crap. I'm doomed if I venture into the community where any of these things have the potential of occurring. I'm now homebound. Best I can hope for is a civil uprising.

Some are suggesting "Assisted Suicide". The Death Penalty could also be legal intervention . If you died during complications from incarceration , that could as well . . .

Other nutritional deficiencies? Heroin overdose more likely.

But what does “most distinctive cause of death” mean? This map is a measure of the cause of death most overly represented in a state compared to the national rate. For instance, while Oklahoma contains only 1% of the US population, it made up for 24% of deaths attributable to “other acute ischemic heart diseases” between 2001 and 2010. While this map of deaths across the US doesn’t necessarily reveal the most common cause of death in each state, it does reveal interesting trends. For instance, the mining states of West Virginia and Kentucky each have lung-related disease as their most distinctive cause of death.

Dougy Level 7 Jan 24, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:18031
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.