Agnostic.com

6 3

Do you throw out old memories?

Retired now. Cleaning out old papers. What good are all those military papers? Got rid of all those old certifications. Remembered clearing out my dads stuff... geeze. He kept paperwork from 10 years ago. I'm clearing out the stuff no one knows what this stuff is.

BucketlistBob 8 Jan 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My aunt kept EVERYTHING. She was born in the 20s, lived through the depression. After she passed my sibs and I had to clean out her house. She had gifts she never took out of the box. She had three old manual typewriters. She had every Reader's Digest Condensed Version ever printed. She had an opened bottle of Bailey's Irish Cream. She had over 200 paper bags full of paper back books. She never married, never had kids, and lived in her house for over 40 years. She had bank records, and papers and clothing still with tags on, and the car she could no longer drive because they took away her driver's license. That car sat in the garage for at least 10 years without ever being moved. It was craycray, and I will not do that to my kids.

Keep only that which makes you smile. I give away the things I want to pass on to the people I want to have them. We both can enjoy the gifting together and they don't have to thank a dead man for a great memory.

I got kicked out of home as a teen, didn't have much, and no way of taking anything, so haven't seen any of that stuff since. Kids and I left the exall we took was a body board, old desk, old chair and an ornamental sword. 25 years later the kids clothes are still there as far as I know.
11 years ago sold my unit to my son with everything in it, left with just my car. 2 years later lost house to another ex, left everything there, though taht was mostly farming equipment, moved here almost 5 years ago,
didn't bring much with me. Not into clutter.

I think once in a while you have to get rid of the dead wood

Hi Bucketlistbob,I do not need to throw out old memories I only have photos left which I will keep as most of them arephotos of my children growing up.

Your already there... goid.

Keep the memories, I committed the mistake of leaving my teen and single life photo album in a ex GF home and she claims was never left there. I still ask her about it and will continue in contact with the hope it will be found and return to me. My mistake.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:18084
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.