Agnostic.com

7 8

Truth be told.... right here..

mistymoon77 9 Jan 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Hmmm.... ok.

It very well could happen that if I ever become involved again, she would leave because it's impossible to text me--I'm a proud Luddite who has no smartphone, and I don't aim to change that.

You and me both.. 🙂 my phone is just a little ol phone. Part of it wanting to not be on the grid.

It's all about a matter of convenience. So easy to just send out a note or text to someone.. we have lost touch with humanity and real communication.

So true. Easy to have misunderstandings over a text-whether it is returned or not. Delayed messenging on this site can lead to miscommunication. Never argue over the phone-discuss in person. All challenges in today's world of dating and relationships.

I just think people are finally gaining the balls to break it off unlike before. People Lie and cheat more often than before. Its easier to catch people cheating than before. But what I really think it is, is people don't want to be tied down to one person. Out going Holy Marriage In coming Contract Marriage. Me, I'll never get married again even if I have kids. The marriage laws are crap who wants to give somebody half there shit. Technically the government is fucking up the marriages with there fucked up laws. Divorced, well x wife is going to get the kids. It don't matter how crazy she is government automatically assumes the mother is the best choice they don't even look into the situation. Then they force child support down your through for a kid you only get to see once or twice a week. You ever heard of the woman loosing custody paying child support. To her she is looking for her prince in shining armor there to cater her every need, IT DON'T WORK LIKE THAT. Me, I'm sick of running into girls that do that. And you wonder why chivalry is dead. Cause nobody likes the feeling of being a slave. She don't own me and she can't tell me what to do or who to talk to or what to like or who to get along with. The future won't be relationships it will be contracts and Test Tube babies. I'm down for that.

@MrLizard I never said I didn't want kids. And I use condoms so I'm not worried about unexpected pregnancy. I said most of that from my childhood point of view. Parents Divorced and I got sent to my mom, when I should have got sent to my dad. And my divorce was in Georgia where Marriage gives duel ownership to all you properties. I'm leaving this state in a few months. But why would I get a vasectomy because I disagree with the state laws on marriage. I'm just going to move. Besides laws can be changed, I'm not getting a vasectomy cause I want kids just not with dumb Disney fantasy minded sluts. Which seems to be a large quantity of women out there.

I had never discussed with anyone my issues with GF or wife... never did but I see now everyone looking for validation of what they are thinking about doing. I just don't know if women always discuss everything with their girlfriends before they do anything. I just not even wanted to know what was going on between my buddies and their wives or girlfriends, to me that is too personal in nature and must private. I saw things I wasn't suppose to see with somebody's girlfriend and knowing the guy he would had kill her so I kept my mouth shut. Because he would had killed her... not joking.

How come these guys on dating sites start declaring romantic feelings after texting for fifteen minutes? I don't trust it, feels very manipulative.

Its easy They say what they think you want to here to get your attention. Then when they have your attention they hold analytical conversation to determine your characteristics and values to see how they would benefit them. It don't happen like love at first sight anymore. Gullibility and Faith is no longer factors in the beginning of today's relationships.

@ZoeZzonbie
Evidently you found someplace to meet people with much higher IQ's than can be encountered on Plenty of Fish. I just joined this site, hoping it will help improve my opinion of humanity.
So far, so good....

@MrLizard So, what is the best way to respond to what I feel are premature gushings of the emotional rush they are experiencing simply because I have validated their existence by participating in a pleasant exchange of texts?
I usually just say "Slow down, Skippy."

@Bkind2eachother Never went to plenty of fish, I prefer to meet in person first contact. Nobody does the old fashion way anymore. Meet a girl at a party through a friend, at one of your favorite activities, coffee shop s, libraries, gun range, dojo lol those last two were mine. Gym, bar, club, vacation, not work, last place on my list is work after dateing website.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:18117
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.