Agnostic.com

34 5

What if?

It's hard to think of life after death, I mean sure we could just be simply dead but if it's not that the case then what? It's brain wracking to think about but what if god did exist, and you lived your whole life as an atheist only to die and go to hell, how would you feel? If you could go back would you be "saved"?

Lucindayvonne 3 Jan 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

34 comments (26 - 34)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

my general attitude towards this if the afterlife does exist and really works that way I would be happier in hell.
In any case you can't spend your life living with fear especially not with things you have no evidence of.

Only the strong will break free from that empty threat that was designed for control. I agree with you to live life to the fullest.

"Better to reign in hell, than serve in heaven." - John Milton, Paradise Lost.

Heaven would be hell if it’s anything like an eternal church service.

@Heathen2 lol

This is a post that frequently is posted by new members. I have never believed in heaven or hell.

Which God/Gods exactly? Which religion? Which time period (as the same God in a religion 500 years ago is drastically different than the one portrayed now)? If the tenants of most religions are true, that if you do not believe you go to that religion's form of hell...then what has happened to people before that religion existed? Which hell?

That all aside, let's say that it is all true (pick a religion). Personally, I would find myself far more comfortable in "hell" as most religions dictate that hell was created as a place for beings that did not follow the tenants of God. The absurdity of the majority of those tenants (not to mention how quickly and conveniently they change to conform to societal changes) plant me firmly in the "basket to hell" and I am actually most comforted in that idea....if I am wrong in my thoughts in life.

If the bargain made with any God is a transaction based on ignorance, fear and punishment, then it would be a fool's bargain with a worthless God. Declined.

Would fear and pain make you believe that which you could not before?
Would you learn to love that thing which had put you there for no other reason than that you could not believe? If the bully of the universe would let you off by accepting its rule? Would you praise it then? Would it become "love" for you? You can answer your own question. If I pay the brigand, I will be saved from the brigand's wrath. Forgive me if I am not charmed by this bargain.

If a god exists, that god clearly doesn't want thinking people to believe because there is no evidence to support belief. There are, however, plenty of claims made by all religions that are easily disproven.

haha, love this.

I will know when I die... that is enough for me now. I got my hands full with this plane to worry about another plane.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:18130
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.