Agnostic.com

34 5

What if?

It's hard to think of life after death, I mean sure we could just be simply dead but if it's not that the case then what? It's brain wracking to think about but what if god did exist, and you lived your whole life as an atheist only to die and go to hell, how would you feel? If you could go back would you be "saved"?

Lucindayvonne 3 Jan 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

34 comments (26 - 34)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Many of the celebrity atheists, when asked a similar question, quoted S. L. Clemens, and I paraphrase; I don't recall anything unpleasant before I was born, and I have no hesitation in returning there.
Works for me.

When I'm asked, "what if" I have to consider whether it has any evidence and is even a logical possibility. Did you ever think that maybe someone cooked up all this religious mumbo-jumbo just to exploit other people? One thing I believe is that P.T. Barnum was right. Would you buy life insurance that paid if you were trampled by elephants?

Well have all these comments and answers helped? your very young and you live in LAKEVIEW? now that is a quaint little town. I used to fight fire with the forest service........staged in lake view more than a time or two .......I do love the high desert......PEACE

If I died and found out god was real, I’d tell him what a piece of shit he was and if he wanted to be all macho and send me to hell then so be it. I would go to Hell happy, knowing I had more class than he could ever have. When that thought of hell comes to mind, just ask yourself these simple question and it will ease your mind that much more.

1. If hell is actually real then that would mean 80 percent of the world is going there. Does that seem just when there are tons of religions that claim to be true, yet the true god refused to prove he’s the one and only god?

2. Why would god allow people to be born, knowing in advance where everyone would be predestined to go, only to send them to the lake of fire, anyway?

3. If god created hell for the devil and his demons, so why create them if he knew they’d turn evil?

4. Free will? What’s the point of giving free will when god would already know that person is capable of making destructive choices?

Just ask yourself things like this when those thoughts come to mind or even if a believer try to threaten you with this ridiculous threat. Challenge them with these types of questions about Hell or free will in general since they love to use that method. I hope I helped.

That is a futile exercise. If there is "a" god, it wouldn't be the one of the bible, since; the time frames of the bible stories are so well documented (and they don't jive), original versions of the stories appear in earlier religions and histories of real people, the god of the bible acknowledges he is not all knowing or all powerful, and most of all, not perfect, most notably because there have been 5 mass extinctions which would mean he made 5 mass creation mistakes.
So, if the Judeo-Christian-Islamic god isn't real, then there is zero reason to consider a childish "hell".
And in all honesty, given the massive amounts of douche-baggery; children dying from starvation, violence, the permissiveness of groups like ISIS being allowed to succeed with a single attack, epidemic disease, increased slavery, etc.., I personally wouldn't want to be any where near a deity like that! 😉

What if you live your whole life in an effort to be compassionate and loving, to help other people, and make life better for those around you, and then come back as a boa constrictor.

What if pigs could fly? Umbrellas would have to be very strong, carried all the time, and bacon would be hard to catch. But there is no evidence of pigs being able to fly, you don't have to worry about it. If it makes you feel any better - the evidence points to the fact there is no such thing as eternity anyway - the universe is expanding at an increasing rate and eventually will die, just like everything else, so enjoy the hell out of yourself right now, within reason of course. Don't worry, be happy!

jeffy Level 7 Jan 25, 2018

What if theres a afterlife and when you get there your asked how did you like heaven

What if theres a afterlife and when you get there your asked how did you like heaven

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:18130
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.