Agnostic.com

1 0

Street Epistemology...(a quickie)...

phxbillcee 10 Jan 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

“I hope for the majority of the population to want to believe true things.”
This is a worthy aspiration, but the problem may be that most of us already share this desire, but lack the open mindedness and critical thinking skills necessary to understand 'why,' or more importantly, 'how' we come to believe certain propositions to be true.
The disciples of Peter Boghossian—those wonderful Street Epistemologists—have their work cut out for them, as far too many of us rely on lazy reasoning or worse, faith, which Bogohossian has defined as, ‘pretending to know things you don’t know.’ And yet it is very often through engaging in one-on-one conversations and using the Socratic method of asking fundamental questions that core beliefs may be examined, deconstructed and, in many cases, modified.

Magnabosco takes Boghossian's work out on the street & films most of it. He does a great job & I'm trying to emulate him in the sense of not being as confrontational, which can derail making headway with folk. It's still a work in progress for me!

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:18311
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.