Agnostic.com

30 6

I dislike living in a highly conservative area. It makes many aspects of my life inconvenient at best and difficult at worst.

Anyone else have this issue?

motoguy1785 3 Jan 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

30 comments (26 - 30)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yes, moved from Terre Haute to Grass Valley. That was one of the reasons. However, we ended up in one of the conservative areas of CA. Still,I'm only a couple hours from one of my sons in San Francisco.

OP, you live in Mishawaka? I know where that is because I lived in Fort Wayne for 12 years. Unfortunately, my job has taken me to some pretty conservative places, though Tulsa isn't as bad as the rest of Oklahoma that way (I live near Tulsa now). I'm like a blue dot in a sea of red..LOL. Actually, I know plenty of people who didn't vote for trump, so I'm exaggerating a little.

Fortunately I live in the Twin Cities, which is a very progressive area, although the outer suburbs and rural Minnesota is becoming increasing red. Even living here I feel threatened by the fascists that have come into power and the blind faith of their sheep. I can't imagine what it most be like for you! But realize that you are not alone!

I've managed since 1976 to live here. Thankfully my daughter graduated HS and went to Flagstaff before it got really bad. I just don't know anything else now and am too old to move. Besides there is a lot I like here. My wife is in charge at the library and all her staff are liberal so that helps. Me I'm retired so I can pick and choose.

gearl Level 8 Jan 25, 2018

Yes... So much so that I am seriously considering moving away. But then the question asks itself, Will I let their ignorance and hate force me out of an otherwise great area? This BS is everywhere. Being on here, and hopefully building an agnostic network, is part of combating that trash.

My daughter moved to L.A. Mostly for the opportunity. Hope you stay. Many of us are needed here to put up the good fight.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:18337
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.