Agnostic.com

3 1

LINK Hundreds of thousands of autistic girls and women 'going undiagnosed' in the UK due to gender bias says leading neuroscientist

“Recent research suggests that the number of males and females on the autism spectrum is far more equal than previously thought and diagnostic statistics suggest. The problem is that professionals often don’t understand the different ways autism can manifest in women and girls, with many going through their lives without a diagnosis and an understanding of why they feel different.”

VictoriaNotes 9 Sep 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If it's this bad in the UK imagine how it is here.

How would diagnosing it help? Conventional Western doctors don't have a cure.

However, CBD oil, found in most health food stores, DOES treat autism.

"Israeli researchers found more compelling evidence that cannabis is an effective therapy for children on the autism spectrum. In this soon-to-be-published study in the journal Neurology, researchers treated autistic children with high concentrations of CBD, a non-intoxicating cannabinoid found in the cannabis plant.

Conditions in 80% of the children improved. Alternatively, the children had not shown improvement with conventional drug therapies.

The study was led by the director of pediatric neurology at Jerusalem’s Shaare Zedek Hospital, Dr. Adi Aran, who treated the 60 children with a high-CBD cannabis oil (20% CBD and 1% THC). The children were treated for at least seven months with the oil.

80% of parents noted a decrease in problematic behaviors, with 62% reporting significant improvements.
Half of the children had improved communication.
40% reported significant decreases in anxiety. (Note: one-third of the study participants began the study with no anxiety.)

Link: [leafly.com]

@VictoriaNotes The autism foundation includes the conventional Western doctors to whom I referred. I knew and taught many autistic children and none of the conventional therapy had done anything for them. Since you can buy CBD oil in most US health food stores, due to its lack of THC, not sure why parents would be fighting to make CBD oil legal.

@VictoriaNotes Just google the closest health food place to your home that sells natural CBD oil. I don't know your town, or I'd just quickly google it for you. I can't get CBD oil here in Songkhla, Thailand, but I need the THC in regular cannabis oil to treat cancer.

Exactly how it was, & probably still is, for women & girls with ADD.

They usually lack the hyperactivity & get called lazy, disorganized, day dreamy & forgetful.

Carin Level 8 Sep 21, 2018
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:183503
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.