Agnostic.com

12 3

Does anyone really hook up on this site?

I have sent out a couple of emails to women just to communicate or have a conversation about beliefs, etc. I got one reply. Sorry, I wasn't interested. I sent some to three others. Still no new replies. I thought having a common starting point might be a good way to make a connection. Was I wrong?

realdancermn 5 Jan 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Beggars can’t be choosers, sometimes if you just want casual sex, you just lower your standards to no diseases, and not entirely unenjoyable. Just make sure they know you want nothing else to do with them except casual, nothing wrong with it if everyone agrees to be a respected toy for a short time. I have a couple friends I like to hang out with and slip into bed with from time to time, but the gaps are months, and they both know that I won’t be available for sex forever. I’d rather have just one dependable partner I can learn to like more and more, I’m sick of not knowing anyone’s body, but that’s only one aspect.

Well, there are many women on this website close to your age if that's what you want, unless you are only going for the young ones. Also many women love to ballroom dance, and is one of the things I missed doing when I moved to Thailand in 2010. So "Bon courage, et bonne chance."
Ya never know until you try.

Theres some really nice people on this side.You know ,like minded.You have to be really lucky if you connect and there in the same country.Even if they are what's the chance of them being in the same vicinity.

it seems like people like to talk on the board more.

'Hook up' has shit connotation. To me it implies zero emotional or intellectual connection. That's not what I'm looking for, so I have no idea of this site would accommodate. I did, however, get a response from the lady I emailed. I'm charming as fuck and kinda funny when I wanna be, though, so...

@SteveB hahaha

@SteveB It'll totally work. How do you not go talk to that guy?

You also have to keep in mind not everyone here came for the hook up. Many are here because they want to talk with others who aren't throwing around fire and brimstone or praises to Jesus with every other line. Just company rather than companionship or dating. At least that was my impression when I first signed on.

AmyLF Level 7 Jan 26, 2018

Looks like your a keen dancer. Is that not a way for you to meet women/ people in real life?
Although I met my last partner via the interweb, I'm thinking if I meet someone else its more likely to be through things I do where I interact with people in real life rather than spending hours one finger typing 🙂
What I do like about this site is it helps to keep my gray matter ticking over

I'm meeting someone this weekend from this site. 🙂 He seems like a lovely person. So yes, people do meet. Hookup? That term means getting together to bang... I don't know about that. I'm not seeking casual sex.

that word is offputting to me

Blimey! It's that wonderful American v English language thing again 🙂 I'll often text my daughter or son and ask them what they up to and have they got time to 'hook up' in the week. I think it has a different meaning over here 🙂

@JimmyM lol yes... in talking with UK coworkers, there are some moments of awkwardness at times 😛 a new English speaker from Poland once VERY awkwardly said in a meeting that pregnant women make him horny... I think he meant to express they are beautiful... we simply moved on... LOL

Good luck to you and I agree on the word hookup, that does imply casual sex here.

@shockwaverider THANK YOU 😀

@btroje Bang?

@JeffMurray bang, bumping uglies, horizontal mambo and hookup... all terms usually signalling sex acts 🙂

Omg is it a hook up site, why didn't someone tell me!!

All this time I thought it was a discussion lounge where you can get out and about and mingle with different people and chitchat about this that and the other! and in the mix you might meet someone special.

yes they do

I think there are not yet enough people here to make it really useful asa dating site. For that you need a number of people with some sort of geographic proximity, and unless a site is geographically targeted you have to have a very large number of users to get there. That's why new dating sites and apps often start off targeting limited areas such a few large cities.

I've emailed back and forth with a dozen women. I talked to two on the phone and went out with one of them twice (IRL). I met someone else from OkCupid that I've dated about six times and have taken myself off the market for now to see if that sticks.

Perhaps you are picking the wrong people or you need help with your messages. Good luck!

Hey good luck to you! 🙂

@Ad4hubby Thanks!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:18390
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.