Agnostic.com

11 1

It is my humble opinion that the vast majority of us men are heavily influenced by PMS. Pride, Money, Sex. That isn't to say that there is nothing else but just that these 3 are heavily influential for many of us. So, what say you?

SchuylaRDiamond 6 Jan 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm not prideful at all. Most of what I have that people would be proud of I know I didn't earn in any real way. Money obviously motivates me only insofar as it gets me the things that I actually value, like a week or two relaxing in the sun sipping ice cold drinks and having a house and some stuff to do the rest of the (sadder) weeks of the year. And sex is not a motivator. I could probably get laid if that's all I was after, but now that I've had someone I wanted to spend the rest of my life with, that's all I want anymore.

When Grog stomped around the cave...he found a shiny rock. Grog thought to himself in his Grog-ish way: " will this rock get Grog laid?" Grog carried the shiny rock out of the cave. Grog knew that his neighbors could not have had found a shiny rock. Grog had pride. Grog saw lovely female looking at his shiny rock. Grog and love,y female had sex.

nope, only sex of those 3, people are always telling me I have no pride, and I do not care, I have been a CEO and held other exec positions in the finance industry albeit over 30 years ago you can't influence me with money. Good thing about being an atheist, there is no guilt around sex. I am not in a committed relationship so, for now, ................

I love sex but the rest I could live without if everyone else could. there is a huge difference between rich and enriched.

I'd say this is fairly true,it may be one or all three.Sport should be in there too I reckon,I do judge my fellow man by his interest in sport,not that a disinterest is bad,just I probably won't have a s much in common if the express no interest in my favourite sport.It' s a great ice breaker.
Pride and money are linked,as we do measure a man's success by the amount of money he has,sex comes as a result of having plenty money.Ok not always, but women sure do like the smell of a man with money ,so all in all it's all womens fault ; )

I think there's a good side and a bad side to everything:

Pride- taking pride in a job well done give confidence and encourages you to do it again. Just remember to be humble and realize you probably couldn't have done the job alone

Money-financial stability is a reasonable goal. You can better take care of yourself and, in effect, better take care of others, but money isn't where value comes from it's only a tool.

Sex-consensual, mutually enjoyable, sex is great. Relieves stress and can reinforce a relationship. However, there are two parties to consider, not just you, and sex isn't worth treating like a drug. For me a deep, philosophical conversation can be extremely more stimulating than a few minutes of sexual euphoria.

Too many women question where are the caring, considerate, sensitive men. Too many of us get lumped together as the PMS (funny acronym) type. Maybe they need to look a little deeper.

PMS : Donald Trump ? Perfect!

godef Level 7 Jan 26, 2018

I think that the vast majority of humans just want to live their lives as they see fit, enjoy what they have in life and be left alone to pursue that end.

So I’ll say before this fully opens up.
Friendly debate time haha.
I fully understand what you mean. But even with this comment you already thought about it. Which means it’s not. Just mainstream media wants us that way. Easy to influence. Easy to please. And maybe the common man falling in line is. I’ve seen it numerous times. But I’ve also seen the same man go against this belief. The real problem is we are marked at birth with everyone having this thought go through their heads. Mainly woman believing this and instantly judging us because that’s what the world says we are. We can change this in time. But it’s gonna take a lot of work.

yes

I don't want all the stress of that life style. I want to enjoy my life. I make enough to do what I want, I let "love" happen and I am proud of that. Living a happy and full life is what counts.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:18426
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.