Agnostic.com

80 20

Men who never learned to cook

“For 40 years, my husband never cooked a thing,” my friend Billie, 75, said. “It was a huge burden for me to make all the meals. After he died, I decided I will never live with a man who cannot cook again.”

I’m not willing to be a kitchen slave. Cooking is a basic life skill. A healthy, nutritious diet is fundamental to a healthy life.

Thorough online dating, I have met over a dozen men in their 50s and 60s who never learned to cook. They expected me to plan, prepare and cook three meals a day. One man sat passively in the car while I shopped for our groceries. What is this, the 1950’s?

Basically, they want a mommy to take care of them and great sex. Not interested.

If you can read, you can cook. Pick up a cookbook and follow instructions.

How do you slice a lemon?” Jim asked. Talk about helpless!

One man was so intimidated by my excellent, healthy cooking, he refused to cook for me. Not even oatmeal. John criticized me for being "too exacting" while cooking and sewing. My creativity and eye for detail are strengths, not a character flaw.

John thinks it's sexy to see a woman with her back turned, working in the kitchen. He likes to come up behind women and rub against them.

When he did this to me in the kitchen, his intent was to distract me and initiate sex.

Because I was rapidly chopping vegetables and stir frying- to stop would turn the vegetables into mush- I ignored him. John complained that I was not paying enough attention to him in the kitchen. Needless to say, we broke up.

Everyone loves to hear those magic words: "Dinner is served."

LiterateHiker 9 Sep 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

80 comments (76 - 80)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I like to cook but for a heads up, do not hand mix meatloaf the same day that you have had your hands in black cutting oil ?

@oldFolyd

I do wash my hands.

@LiterateHiker I do, multiple times I still like to wait a few days.(even Dawn doesn't help)

Nitrile gloves work a treat! 😉

@Pete66

You're right.

I also wash the knives, cutting board, sink and counter with Dawn and bleach to prevent contamination.

Lol my moms bf is the same. Mom died in may. Not sure how he will get by I like cooking tmo making chicken and rice for dad and step mom. I dated many women who can not cook. One thought my hamburger helper was great. I make beer. And my the ack death burger is amazing

I'm 56 years old I'm an excellent cook I also know how to sew wash my own clothing and take care of myself completely I'm single because I don't need a woman to take care of me and I don't want to take care of her

Making a good sandwich is good enough for home. Chicken patties or a good cheeseburger is great. Anything else you want you can go out for.

I never learned... but I can cook... I won't starve to death... plus there was a time when I "cooked" for my gf when we were living together and she was teaching at night but I don't consider myself able to cook. We men learn not to starve... now, my sister... all her 3 husbands could cook and drive cars like maniacs. 'Couldn't make sense out of them. But that's just me. I can't cook yet I saw my son make his first turkey on his own for a thanksgiving a couple years ago... and it was the best turkey I ever had in my whole lifetime... his mother directed him over the phone. So I am starting to believe cooking is... "overrated"?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:184791
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.