Agnostic.com

6 0

Women who never learn to understand football

“For 40 years, my wife never watched a game,” my friend Billy, 75, said. “It was a huge burden for me to watch all the games. After she died, I decided I will never live with a woman who doesn't watch football.”

I’m not willing to be a gridiron slave. Football is a basic life skill. A healthy, athletic appreciation is fundamental to a sporting lifestyle.

Through online dating, I have met over a dozen women in their 50s and 60s who never watched football. They expected me to know, explain the rules, and follow five games a week for them. One woman sat passively on the couch while I cheered for our team. What is this, the 1950’s?

Basically, they want a daddy to take care of them and great kisses. Not interested.

If you can watch TV, you can understand football. Pick up a playbook and follow schemes.

“How do you throw a slant pass?” Jane asked. Talk about clueless!

One woman was so intimidated by my excellent, intuitive knowledge of the game, that she refused to watch with me. Not even overtime. Joanie criticized me for being "too exacting" while watching football and mowing. My creativity and eye for detail are strengths, not a character flaw.

Because Joanie doesn't understand football, she thinks it's sexy to see a man when his team loses, watching on the couch. She likes to come up behind men and tickle them.

When she did this to me on the couch, her intent was to distract me and avoid sex.

Because I was rapidly adding up my fantasy score and cheering touchdowns- to stop would ruin the day- I ignored her. Joanie complained that I was not paying enough attention to her in the bedroom. Needless to say, we broke up.

Everyone loves to hear those magic words: "Game is on."

😉

godef 7 Sep 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I get just the opposite. I'm into sports and my guy are not. ?

So, you are on the watch for a football-loving woman who makes great popcorn too? Helloooo, sailor!

Football is an outlet for too much testosterone. It is a pseudo warrior activity lest we be warring all of the time. Oh. Wait. We are warring all of the time.
So I learned football in my 40's as a means of bonding with men in a traditionally male dominated profession.
I read a book. I watched the Ice Bowl video. I became a Packer fan & at least gleaned some respect from my male co workers for attempting to expose myself to their passion.
There is great strategy skills involved as well as athletic prowess. Many men will seek this sport for comradery & competition. The gladiator creed needs an outlet. This is one of them. Hire Kappernick Greenbay!

Ummmm I'm confused. Your wife past, I'm sorry. However, then you had the ability to choose women who love sports. Just like with any dating now your allowed to chose your preference to find your match. Even just dating you discuss your preferences before you commit. How did you screw that up ?

football is so lame...

Remi Level 7 Sep 23, 2018

(that was a slog!) My mother married a sport aholic, of which ‘football’ was only one of many. Growing up watching games with dad, it seems I continued to grow; he didn’t.

My current take is ..I doubt ‘women’ would know, with me, they’d be getting a full-time guy! Hiked up to ‘hawk watch’ this morning ..then harvested 20 pounds of chestnuts and washed a load of laundry back home. Football?

Varn Level 8 Sep 23, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:185040
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.