Agnostic.com

2 2

This kind of story makes me angry-cry.

[cnn.com]

"There's so many obstacles that could have prevented me from getting there," Brian Cope told The Louisville Courier-Journal. "I could've been in a wreck. I could've had a flat tire, anything. But I'm firm in my faith that God guided us safely through all of that to get us there, so we could speak to our baby and just let him know we loved him."

It is a sick perverse belief system that is thankful their God guided them through traffic to say goodbye to their 15 yr old son, but does not ask where God was to protect him from being brutally gunned down by a deranged student.

As the parent of two teens, I feel so much for this Dad, but the deluded mindset makes me want to punch something tll my knuckles bleed.

RationalHuman 5 Jan 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think we are all missing the point here. The problem is how did this kid get a gun so easily. How many times is this gonna happen, before we tell the NRA to shove it up their ass, and come up with some gun control that actually works. Their 2nd amendment right to bear arms is not more important than my right to not get blown away at the mall or at school or in a movie theatre, at a concert OR ANY OTHER FUCKING PLACE I MAY DECIDE TO GO. Ask any English teacher and they will tell you the 2nd amendment does NOT say everybody in this country can have as many guns as they want. How many more parents are gonna have to go through this?

"makes me want to punch something tll my knuckles bleed.". Why is violence against another person, except for self defense, so dominant in all societies of this world. Thoughts of violence against another NEVER inter my mind.

He never said "someone." He said "Something." I pictured a wall, but he could have been thinking of a punching bag. So thoughts of being violent against another (person) do enter your mind. Jus' sayin'.

@jlynn37

Thx Ellen. Yeah, I dunno where you got "violence against another person". The last time I laid a hand in anyone in anger i was probably 15, which would be 35 years ago. I was expressing my utter frustration at the indoctrinated mindset that seizes upon anything positive and attributes to a god, but never think how a loving sovereign God can allow such evil in the first place.

I see what you are saying, but still, violence just does not enter my thought process and they do permeate all societies on this planet.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:18549
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.