Agnostic.com

18 1

Do you enjoy Valentine’s Day?

Do you enjoy Valentine’s Day?

sasekg 3 Jan 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

18 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

No more or less than any other day of the year.

As a single person, it's a bit annoying. But even when I was in a relationship, I found it kind of cheesy. Any "romance" seemed obligatory and not necessarily genuine. Could have just been the relationships I was in...

Nah, it’s a lame corporate manipulation to sell worthless crap to fools. Show loved ones appreciation daily, not with landfill ready trash.

it's just another day as I'm more spontaneous than that.

I hate valentines day. My birthday is the day after and growing up all I ever got was chocolates and red panties. No big deal when I was married either and now that I've been single so many years, it makes me feel lonely, and I'm not a lonely person.

I save a lot of money on Valentine's Day.

Meh.

One V Day my date came to the door in formal clothes with a box o' chox and a dozen roses. I was grateful and thanked him, of course...but I also felt bad for him that he obviously thought he had to adhere to these scripted activities (his bearing bore that out).

I'm thinking, "Jeez, man--I just thought we were going to have dinner. I wasn't expecting a big theatrical production."

Why not Valentine's every day ?

Only significance is the one month countdown to Pi Day.

When I am not in a relationship it is a reminder that I am alone and make me sad. When I am it adds stress and wierd expectations. Its rarely a good thing. I could do without any of the consumer based holidays.

MsAl Level 8 Jan 26, 2018

Hell yeah... at times cost money... but yeah. Even the year I Fucked It Up I did not Fucked It Up I was Real. When my marriage was on the rocks and separation was being discussed and requested by her... the only year I did not made any Valentine effort of any kind... she bought herself a little red devilish outfit in Victoria Secret and what have you. She was disappointed of my none action that day and that even when she put it on to show me what I missed. I simply said something like... "It does no longer matters". But I am a Valentine guy. Flowers, candy, poems... LOVE MAKING... the whole romantic thing.

Nope. I really dislike it.

I intensely dislike it, so not as bad a Halloween which I loathe and detest.

How can you say such bad things about Halloween? My house looks like a haunted house and I got married on Halloween. I'm divorced now which is a good thing but still I love Halloween. Candy and costumes and scares it's awesome.

@SonderOpia I hate Halloween because people invade my space, I put real mean signs up, but that doesn't deter them, silly people in the area still bring the brats to annoy me, one lady even came to the door 2 years ago with all they neighbourhood kids and told me the kids were to scared to come to my place, = GOOD. I have told them, they come to my place dressed as a zombie or vampire, expect to be treated accordingly. We do a lot of martial arts here, including historical European, so the kids have seen the swords being unloaded. Has to make them think twice. But my point is, I like my space, this place is referred to as the Fortress for a reason.

@Rugglesby if you go out you won't be home to answer the door or you can just turn off all the lights have no Halloween decorations and hide out. I personally turn out all the lights and hide out or go out because if I buy candy I'll eat every damn bit of it LOL.

@SonderOpia I am a bit if a recluse, hate going out, and I don't want my windows egged. I don't like that people/kids are encouraged to annoy others. Like mini Jehovahs Witnesses. Some towns have a policy that if you want to be annoyed you put up a nuisance friendly sign, parents are advised to only let their sprogs go to those houses. I do put a sign up here telling them NO. An added problem for me is I run playgroup and preschool sessions Monday mornings (I am Captain Grumpy) and tutor high school kids on Wednesdays, so all the local kids know me. I just want quiet enjoyment of my abode.

I really like gifts. So any holiday I can get gifts or candy I'm all about it. In reality it's all bulshit and it's a good way from corporations to make money but I like gifts. I really like gifts.

It’s never really been that much of a big deal to me. Just another day for the business to make money.

No. In fact I made a dentist appointment for February 14th so I can get all my pain over in one day.

Honestly, this is likely the first time & place I’ve felt safe saying NO. The ‘Saint Valentine’ part always grated on me ...leaving me to wonder, yet again, what longtime pagan celebration had been stolen and replaced by another fictitious religious ritual..

Varn Level 8 Jan 26, 2018

Meh, hyped up retail holiday that makes single people feel bad. I like the discount on chocolate the next day.

That's also the best thing about Easter!

@dkp93 and for that matter Christmas and Halloween.

@HippieChick58 But only Easter has the Cadbury eggs that I love!

@dkp93 ohhh yes, Cadbury eggs...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:18563
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.