Agnostic.com

14 0

Can suicide be a part of God’s plan?

AppleBellion 2 Sep 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

There's no point of living beyond enjoying life.... Why not just check out?

I had a brother commit suicide, I think it's plan formulated by anyone. He was lost and in a lot of pain from childhood sexual abuse. That trauma made him lose sight of how sacred his life was. He lost hope.

All a matter of perspective:

If you listen to a Catholic priest, No. If you kill yourself you are working against god's plan as you do not own you life, god does. You are a sinner and will burn in hell forever.

However, when explaining the suicide of a young woman to the school body, an administrator stated: "God has decided to call her back". - - - boy, that god is a real asshole. Killed her father (cancer) so she would do herself in a year later . . . Her suicide note read "I have killed myself so I can live with Jesus and my dead father in heaven."

Too bad she was taught her (Catholic) god was taking care of her dead father living in heaven.

Sad some people believe a supernatural sky daddy exists. Often causes much harm for the believer.

anything can be a part of god's plan. when you make up stories, you can tell them your own way.

What god do you speak of? I am only aware of myths created by man. The short answer is no, there’s no plan unless you make one... if you considering such a plan please get help.

Nothing can be part of the plan of a non-existent being. It's the wrong question anyway. The useful question is whether it's part of YOUR plan, and why.

getting rid of mudbloods was part of Voldemort's plan...

Yeah what everyone else said are you sure you're in the right place

Your profile says you are 100% atheist. So why do you ask this?

Nope, because the babble says so.
Reality note: Are you taking heavy medications?

@CoastRiderBill just wow....either she was asking for "points" because anyone being raised predominately Catholic would know that answer, or she is trolling this site with religious claptrap. BTW, I've got a bridge for sale, you interested?

@CoastRiderBill so, you are in charge now? Who knew?

What god, what plan?

Depends on the religious sect. Most Christian denominations, catholic or protestant, feel suicide is a mortal sin & not an option because, god wants us to suffer to either teach the person a lesson or to be an object lesson to others.

Other religions don't see it that way & others weaponize their adherents & send them out in a vest/car/truck of holy hand grenades to do max damage to others.

God is nothing but a glorified, inflated reflection of the worst human kind has to offer.

There is no God... It's your choice...

Seriously? There's a 'plan?' Well that explains it then ... clearly I missed the memo!

Um... this is an atheist/agnostic site so you are asking the wrong question...

Remi Level 7 Sep 24, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:185767
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.