Agnostic.com

3 4

LINK A forgotten hero stopped the My Lai massacre 50 years ago today

Everybody's heard of the My Lai massacre — March 16, 1968, 50 years ago today — but not many know about the man who stopped it: Hugh Thompson, an Army helicopter pilot. When he arrived, American soldiers had already killed 504 Vietnamese civilians (that's the Vietnamese count; the U.S. Army said 347). They were going to kill more, but they didn't — because of what Thompson did.

HippieChick58 9 Sep 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I remember this. He acted heroically. His example should be shouted from the rooftops.

What a mess.

Nobody likes the truth.

Some of us do want the truth. I've always admired this man for what he did and have no respect for the military people who would try and hide and cover up this action even today. I have a nephew who loves the military (although he couldn't serve) who told me, when we discussed this incident, that it happened "in the fog of war".

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:185770
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.