Agnostic.com

31 9

Secret crushes?

The other day someone asked whether members had secret crushes on other site members. As I recall, a number of people agreed they did. As an observer I'm wondering whether the question made any of you admit your crush to its object? If not, I'm wondering why anyone would, in a relatively anonymous forum, be unwilling to privately contact someone that interests them. I wouldn't expect a public declaration, but what have you got to lose? I would think most people here would at least be polite and thank you even if there are reasons it's going to go no further. Don't most people appreciate being admired? Can you explain what's holding you back??

ladyprof70 7 Sep 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

31 comments (26 - 31)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I can say for sure I don’t have a crush on anyone on this website. I just haven’t met someone who I feel any sort of “spark” with, which kinda disappoints me.

Two things hold me back mostly. The first is that I know my crush would never be a reality. The second is that it would no longer be a "secret." What can I tell you? I'm the guy who is always having secret sex with my favorite bankers.

No secret or public crush(es) from this site. Occassionally, I'll browse members near me but most haven't logged in for months

I might let her know one of these days. Wouldn't be too surprised if she already suspected though.

The fear of rejection can be more powerful than the hope of reciprocity in most cases; I've had a few times in my life where fear has held my tongue.

I can relate.

I would assume nerves and the fear of rejection. That’s what would hold me back. I hate rejection.

Do not see the reaction as negative but an absolute positive - it has saved you an awful lot of time wasted on a "shilly shallier". But perhaps that is what you want.
If you do not have the other 5 senses complemented then long term you have a problem because looks fade or become complacent in the viewing eye.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:186195
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.