Agnostic.com

2 1

Power of prayer?

Needs new batteries maybe?

g

genessa 8 Sep 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If prayer worked we would not need hospitals.

we'd have prayer wars though. one side would pray against the other and whoever had the strongest prayers would win.

g

@genessa Maybe, according to Christianities take on free will God would not be able to impose his will on man at all making him completely useless. However if we actually look at the Bible God used mind control without any reguard for free will. BTW free will is not addressed in the Bible. It like most religious dogma is attributed to the Bible but not in the Bible.

@DavidLaDeau nor do people tend to say which bible they even mean!

g

@genessa Very, Very good! Very few people are aware that there are at least 7 Bible Canons in use today. These Bibles have different books inside. One of my first videos on youtube was on that subject. It was too long and I did not get to the point at the end. Live and learn, perhaps I will make a much better version in the future.

@DavidLaDeau lol that too, but what i meant was that there is the jewish bible and the christian bible. even atheists here tend to say "the bible" and just assume folks know they mean the christian bible. but i've never been christian. i've seen bits of the old testament. it's not the jewish bible! there is an uncanny resemblance but some bits got translated WAY differently.

g

As Dan Barker has so eloquently noted, "Nothing fails like prayer."

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:186654
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.