Agnostic.com

13 0

Sexual innuendos on a post question???

Whew! Where is the line drawn for questions about sex acts and pleasures... just asking... came across a question the other day that startled me.

BucketlistBob 8 Jan 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If the post itself was a sex question any non-harassing sexual innuendo should be expected. If it is a comment on a non sexual question then it is inappropriate unless it is the post asking "how do you sex a fossil?" because really, who wouldn't find that funny?

Loosen up... it's all good... there's nothing here other then your imagination. Move around in here and see how it works. Not how you can work it.

Ok... i can see it ok to say whst you want... but I'm not going to do.

If I get startled, annoyed or otherwise put off by somebody once in a while, I'll keep scrolling. If it happens frequently and their personality overall is off-putting to ME for WHATEVER reason, I just block them.

That said, I think the line is if it is not targeted harassment, hateful, unduly vulgar, etc., most people would not flag it.

We all have our own personal lines of what we consider socially acceptable.

@SteveB. Thank you..

@SteveB alright the curiosity is killing me. Any chance you could pm the post number?

@SteveB. Thanks steve...

@SteveB @Bucketlistbob Yep I get it now

There is no line ... just pass them by.

There is a line, but I have no idea where it would be, I think it would change with the membership of the forum and unknowable. Perhaps tread cautiously and not be offended if someone comments they think we have gone too far?

I’ve come across a few of those. They’ve made my eyes widen a little bit, but ultimately I don’t have a problem with it. I’m pretty liberal and if it is something that makes me flinch, I just move on. 🙂

Didn't see the post you're talking about. Wouldn't worry too much about it. If stuff bothers you, scroll on, my friend, scroll on.

It night of been pulled. I ain't going to say the question..

And, now I'm wondering about my reading comprehension. I see most people telling you to handle it because you were startled at a question.

Is that your question to the group -- asking advice on what to do when it happens? Or are you asking, generally, where people draw the line? Or generally where we all think the line should be drawn?

<confused>

I was startled about the question... why do women have a problem with BJ's. I didn't ask it.

@BucketlistBob lol I can't find it. I'm disappointed. I want to see that discussion.

@BucketlistBob Found it. Mostly negative responses, but not surprising considering how the question was asked, not just the vulgarity but also the tone. Why is it that women are afraid of sucking cock?

@bingst Yeah, I find that pretty crude and unattractive on a public forum. But that’s just me.

The phrasing was crude but sometimes I like to ignore the tone and address content. (A great strategy when someone is angry, BTW.) Plus if I know the answer it is hard to keep quiet, lol.

Without reading any of the comments before responding, can you offer some clarification? What line? You mean the line between talking intellectually about sex acts and being flirty and suggestive? Or something else?

Innuendo? In-MY-end-o!

I don't recall seeing the question, but so long as a post isn't attacking anyone personally (aside from public figures), promoting violence or abuse, or attempting to scam people, I have no qualms with any subject. Sexuality is just another topic. I'm not sure why we, as a society, place so much more emphasis on sexual connection than we do on deeply emotional conversation or an intimate meal. For some reason we treat sex as such a big deal — a conquest to brag about, a secretive activity we're ashamed of, a taboo topic we dare not discuss with others, a talk that parents feel awkward having with their kids.

I like it when people are free to disclose themselves to me. I'd rather know soon than later if you lack tact, or don't respect boundaries, etc.

Online I can it's a cinch to ignore. My eyeballs don't burn when I read something offensive or in poor taste.

In person I'd rather know upfront that you're not someone I care to get close to, before time and social capital are invested.

I'm a big girl. I can handle it.

And for the culprits? Feedback gives them the opportunity to learn. (Being ignored counts.)

scroll on, flag or block

its ok if its fun

Having worked in corporate America for a number of years, and now with social media, I've come to believe that most people read their email or other's posts in their grandmother's voice... with the disapproving 'tone.'

Any of us can report a post or comment on appropriateness. But there are a wide variety of opinions about where such lines exist...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:18695
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.