Agnostic.com

9 1

What is the best advice you ever got?

bleurowz 8 Sep 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Never ask a question that you don't want to know the answer to

Wow I know I'm awake because I'm at my sister's house and I never sleep well at a strange place what are you doing up so late at night

This same sage advice I've passed along to EVERY woman I know: If it has a penis, you're going to have a problem with it.

Best advice was during a field first aid course while in Army basic training. The doctor giving the hands-on class ended his presentation with (roughly) “I really don’t even want to tell you guys about this but there is another last resort procedure that can be used if a limb is missing or greatly destroyed. If, and only if direct pressure does not work to reduce bleeding, there is a procedure where you tie the area between the wound and heart. This is a last resort and you effectively kill anything outside the tourniquet so if you need to use one, make sure it is a close to the wound as possible. Now, who would like to tell me what they could use to make a tourniquet.

A recruit raised his and and suggested, “I could use my belt/”

“Wrong!” the doctor quickly responded, You use his belt. He will not be needing it any more. If you give him your belt, you are not equipped and you will become a causality.”

“It is important to look after yourself; make sure you are strong before you offer help to others as if you become not able to perform you duties, someone else will have to try to take care of you.”

The last sentence applies to all aspects of life: physical, fiscal, emotional.

Trust his/their actions more than his/their words.

“The only thing you have that cannot be taken from you is your integrity. That you have to give up willingly”

"If it's got tits or wheels it will be trouble and cost you a fortune..."

@zephr Touche. (can't find the acute accent). 😉

@zephr It's a positive response - my comment was meant as humerous and not intended to cause offense. Context is often difficult in text when there are no non-verbal clues to give us any understanding of intent. It was never my intention to come accross as mysoginistic or angry.

@zephr Potentially. Humour often pushes boundaries and offends but also allows for dialogue to be opened and challenges how people think. Lots of humour is potentially offensive as someone is often the brunt of the joke.

There are far more subtle sexist (and racist and other ists) that are institutional and far more damaging to equality as the go mostly unnoticed. Hopefully this link to a comment I made on a post recently will work. If not, I'll copy and paste later.

Politically correct speech - Thoughts?

Due to the fact that I was not a good student or college material,My father told me to Get a civil service job, never buy anything you can not pay cash for, and Live below your means.I followed his advice and this proved to be very beneficial.

The answers aren't at the bottom of a bottle... you've got to make sure you shake up the bottle.

Trust your gut.

Same here.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:187577
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.