Agnostic.com

15 2

What tricks do your pets do?

My big dog he is half Rottweiler/ black Lab. He comes up to my back window and taps on the window, he is addicted to milkbones, like a additic to a drug. He think this is my cue that he needs a milkbone. Then he runs to the back door and waits.

azzow2 9 Jan 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

he has you well trained Azzow

I have no pet of my own. I refuse to be a slave. I enjoy other people's pets. And they like me but can't stay with me. I had gotten hooked my sister 3 lady chihuahuas with human bacon jerky and proactive belly rubs. So those are my tricks to them. If I want to see them "lively"... I ask "Anybody want to go outside?". I am trainable.

He sleeps really well. No command needed.

He gets fatter daily. He's consistent with this trick.

One of mine is a black lab and Rottweiler mix also. The other is a Great Labrodane (lab and Great Dane mix.) They can both open doors but in different ways. One uses his front paws and the other uses her nose (which only works for some doors, not the ones with round knobs.) The labradane used to be able to get out of the fence by digging until cement blocks were put in. She also does this weird thing when she comes inside. Instead of heading straight for the door, she has to do a perimeter sweep along the entire fence first. She also uses her nose to lift your hand if she thinks you are paying too much attention to your phone or computer. The lab-rottweiler mix is mostly good at stealing food..that and his love of chewng brand new books got him the nickname Rottenweiler.

Mine was stealing my sons pb&j`s I put a stop to that. Do not need doggie dental issues.

My girl doesn't do jack for tricks. She's cute. She gets whatever she wants.

There a word for that "Spoiled" lol

@azzow2 She's not 'spoiled', she's well-loved. She's also extremely well-behaved. Training is more than tricks.

My cat can make a lot of noise if I'm still awake when he wants to go to bed.

10 year old mystery mutt:

Sit down, flop, shake, back up, come here, wait, get your baby, gimme a kiss, stick around, this side (of the street), go on, get your daddy, go lay down, go potty, go for walk, go on patrol...

She knows quite a few English words. She taught me to read her eyes and tail. We have great conversations.

She trained me to open the door when she scratches on it. (She only barks at robbers.)

Animals seem to be the best listeners.,When I talk to the cat, when my kids are at school she comes and sits on the back of the recliner that sits near my desk. I would swear she would answer me if she could.

I taught my cat to sit

We have a cat and a god, they make us run around after them, feed them, let them in, let them out,repeat endlessly

I have cats. The tricks are making mama run when she hears a crash from another room. And feeding them before she feeds herself. And the best trick of all, making Mama wad up cash register receipts into little balls which we will play with for hours and then shred for her to pick up.

When I had a Golden he was trained to wait when humans were on the stairs, to ring a bell when he wanted to go outside. He was trained to bark on command both with voice and hand signals. He had sit and stay down pat, and he'd search out a semi hidden object. He had several hand commands, I could have him lie down and wait from a distance. Chief was trained to wait until released when we put his food bowl on the floor, and he was trained (by accident) that "uh oh" meant go clean up food spills off the kitchen floor. The dog liked frozen broccoli. He would toss a biscuit off his nose and catch it. Do your duty meant go take a poop. Chief has been gone about 9 years. He was the best brother my girls ever had, and the fur son I never gave birth to. Best dog ever.

I had a girlfriend when, I was around 24, she taught her cats to fetch. If I had not seen it, I would never have believed it. She would wad aluminum foil into balls and toss them. Those cats would bring it back every time, until they lost it under the fridge.

@azzow2 One of my cats will "fetch" sort of. She likes Mama to throw the ball so she will bring it back. Of course her attention span is very minimal 🙂 She also picked up a glass marble off carpet and carried it to laminate floors, I think she liked the noise it made, or it rolled better. She had to carry it down a flight of stairs. Why have TV when you have cats?

My dogs do really good impressions of couch cushions. And they have this foolproof way of making me do whatever they want me to do.

Seems to always work out that way.

My golden's best impression was of a heating blanket. I used to take naps with him, slept so well and so cozy!

I have a solid black cat named Kayoss and he talks back. He's really not very vocal but he'll squeak back if I reprimand him for anything. If I tell him to get off the counter or fridge, I get a squeak and we'll keep going back and forth until I get up. He's very spoiled and comes when he's called by his name or a number of nick names.

My favorite, I had one many years back. Had learned that only cats that have siamese in them can be all black. Mine was unusual too. She liked to take showers in the kitchen sink. If you turned the faucet on and she heard it she jump on the counter and stick her head under the running water. Until then I had thought all cats hate water.

Kayoss loves bath time. I like to take a hot bath after work or before bed and he gets super excited and will sit on the edge of the tub, dip his tail in the water, and flip it up trying to splash me and himself. He'll then lick the water off his tail and come back for more. He'll do this 3 or 4 times in a single bath. He is a silly kitty.

Here he is as a baby excited for bath time.

Sit on my wife's lap and stair at me waiting for a cookie

Eat, sleep, poop and purr.

They disappear and they are very good at it.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:18807
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.