Agnostic.com

34 7

What do you think about tattoos and body piercings?

Do you have any?

Do you judge those who have them? If so, how and why?

AMGT 8 Oct 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

34 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think that you need to think before you paint or pierce.

I think people are and should be free to get them, but I do nto think they are at all attractive.

Being a nudist, I am also aware of another issue of genital piercings. It was primarily guys with genital piercing and wearing cock rings which led to San Francisco making public nudity illegal. I think that having genital piercings and/or wearing cock rings only attracts attention to the genital areas, which is contrary to nudist culture, which promotes only family friendly nude recreation and nudist culture is not sexual in nature.

Genital piercings and cock rings are, in my opinion, is exhibitionism, drawing attention to the sexual organs, which is sexual in nature and it bothers me when I see it at nude beaches.

Such exhibitionism ruins it for those of us who view nudity and nude recreation as a nonsexual activity, because outsiders who are not nudists will see these persons and misinterpret what naturism/nudism is all about.

Yeah I’d never piece my cock, but are you talking about regular old cockrings? Aren’t they intended to enhance sexual activity? I wouldn’t think anyone would really just walk around with one on, unless keeping it had at a gay pride parade or something.

@NothinnXpreVails It was the guys who just wore cock rings, which directed attention to genitalia that caused San Francisco to ban nudity. There are some people who wear them just for decoration, but to me drawing attention to one's genitals crosses a line.

To me nudity is natural and should be allowed as long as you are not doing wnythign with the intent of sexually arousing either yourself or anyone else. Tht is actually state law in Oregon. Anyway, beign nude except for a cock ring to me is drawing attentio9n to one's genitals, which is hoping for (possibly) sexually arousing others. I can think of no other reason to wear one just for "decoration" when they are not really all that comfortable and are in fact uncomfortable.

I don't have any but I know many people who have either or both. To me it's just a personal preference like some people wear perfume and some don't. But maybe people who them have higher pain endurance😛? True?

I don't have any, but I don't mind if others want to have them.
Well, except face tattoos, those are pushing a little too far I think.

I only have one earlobe pierced. With no judgment, tats and piercing do nothing for me. I don't care if others have them. Some are very artistic and others look like they were scribbled on, but it is not a deal breaker for me as far as dating a guy. Piercings are different. I have one ear done and I don't mind the ears obviously. I'm very squeamish and a nipple piercing is just not appealing, but again, it wouldn't be a deal breaker. BUT, anything below the belt just turns me off, as well as facial or tongue piercings. Just my personal tastes.

I think about them the same way I do any adornment: anything goes as long as it's tasteful, maintained well (scarring for either is unattractive), and doesn't reflect offensive words or graphics.

Love them! I have 6 tattoos but have made plans for a few more. I also have some piercing.
I am forced to wear long sleeves at my work unfortunately even though I only have a few words written on my arm that are far from offensive.

Nah, what people do to their own body is their business not mine.

Tejas Level 8 Oct 21, 2017

Extremely distasteful. If I see someone with tattoos or piercings, then I will generally go out of my way to avoid looking at them. I'm not against people having them, I just find them revolting.

I'm fine with them. I appreciate the art in good tattoos, though piercing don't make a lot of sense to me. I have neither, but do want a tattoo one day. However, not just any tattoo. I have one artist in mind, who is truly and artist, but his waiting list is years long, and his work is pricey. I have a friend with one of his pieces, and it's amazing.

No, it's Tony Mancia, from Atlanta, GA

[stygiangallery.com]

I was on the list at one point. I was told it would be about 18 months, but after about a year, everyone was contacted and told he wouldn't be taking any clients for a while. I think he was taking a break from tattoos for some reason, but he's apparently back at it now. I might try again in the future.

That’s sick! I love black tattoos and those who can do it right @TimberTorturer

I have none and don't really understand why anyone would want them but, I don't judge people because they do.

I want them because I always want my son with me. I don’t want Alzheimer’s to take him away from me.

I have no tattoos or body piercings. I don't want to intentionally scar my body or desire the required maintenance of tattoos, but I don't really care if others want to indulge. If I ever judge anyone by their tattoo, it'll be because it's something like a cross or swastika with my only judgement being that they'll likely never be closely endeared by me unless they find those tats embarrassing. If you have lots of ink and piercings, my only judgement will be that they likely enjoy the pain associated with as those who've discussed that with me have.

I love the burn, it’s addictive, for sure.

I wouldn't get one, and I don't find them attractive on women.

BD66 Level 8 Oct 20, 2017

I love tattoos on women, but as long as they are well done. Not cheesy arm band or dolphins on the ankle.

They do nothing for me, so I don't have any. I don't think I could ever decide what I would have a tattoo of. I looked into it once and was pretty shocked at how much good ink costs, it's like turning your body into a Picasso just with the $ you gotta spend! Also imagine if I'd gone tattoo crazy when I was a Christian or with my last girlfriend, etc., just how much I would loathe those tattoos now plus the pain and even extra cost of getting them removed.

I never knew what I’d want marked on my body forever until my son died. People that go in an pick something off of the wall baffle me.

I have both my nipples pierced.

I don't have any tattoos or piercings. I don't judge others who have them. I am neither attracted nor repelled by such. Some adornment is more attractive than others. On a woman, I don't care for it when the canvas of the skin has become so full of tattoos that I can no longer appreciate the original beauty of her skin. (I also don't care for that on a man, either; it just looks too cluttered) But even that is simply personal aesthetic judgment - like taste in art or fashion. More power to everyone, with or without tats. Who the person is - their mind and heart - is so much more important than how they adorn their body.

Well, since I have 6 tattoos, I'm very pro tattoo! I know some people think my tattoos are weird (I have a Garfield tattoo) but they all are me. Though I have to admit, that when I see someone with a cross tattoo I do roll my eyes. I hate being that judgemental, but I am. I got my bellybutton pierced in college and my body rejected the jewelry and kept getting infections because it wasn't healing correctly.

I am fascinated by them. I see them one of three ways, or some of each. Either there's something about you or your experiences that you want to openly reveal, or there's something personal/revealing about you that you want to hide from the public, but show to some people. The third way is a physical wound, birthmark, etc., that you may not want to have to explain. Whatever way, there is some kind of admission that who you are or how you are perceived, by yourself or others, needs some other expression than words. That sounds odd to me, but works for some. Your house, your rules.

I don't have any myself, but I have friends with both, either one or the other or both. I have just posted a question about body piercings for the girls to answer.

10 tats gauged both ears out. not everybody's cup of tea. i myself, see the spirituality in it

I have both, with more tattoos planned. I appreciate them on others too, and I wouldn't ever judge whatever their choices are, for or against. As long as their opinions (for or against) aren't rammed down my throat.

Don't worry, my tattoos don't like you either is a common response 🙂

Love them both! (Although I don't have any piercings)

I used to want my eyebrow punctured with 3 or 6 holes, but not into that now. I’m not currently wanting any

Have a full back tattoo piece, and also both upper arms. I consider them art, and took some time to think them out. Also have some piercings, several are stretched, again after thinking about them.
So, don't judge people who have them, mostly. Do like tattoos that seem to go together, as opposed to random.

AMGT - I looked up Gogueart and yes, they are beautiful.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:1883
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.