Agnostic.com

3 0

The mind is an gift!!!

If we leave a young child in the forest alone ... and After millions of years, Will he become a scientist?, for example, in anthropology or or physics

belfo 6 Sep 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If you leave a child alone in a forest, in millions of years it will be dead.

A child left alone in the forest would likely die without parents or someone to teach it how to survive. The same way that a puppy would die without a parent to teach it how to hunt and feed itself.

Also, if it did survive and find a mate, after a mllion years its ancestors would probably be a different a different species.

So, no, propbaly not.

"An gift" requires a giver.

If we leave a young child alone in the forest, he will die in a few days ... unless of course, he's Mowgli, with a bunch of animal friends who protect him. But then, he will need to find a mate, and so forth. And yet, out of the bush is whence we all came, including the scientists, anthropologists and physicists.

He also can not survive for millions of years even with food .. You did not understand me

@belfodil Please, help me understand then.

@p-nullifidian I mean, can a child teach science without a teacher? I am talking about the first man

@belfodil I see. And when do we suppose, in the evoution of homo sapiens from previous forms, do we pinpoint that 'first man?'

the mind is not a gift. it's not well understood, but we know it's not been given to us by anyone. if we leave a young child anywhere -- forest, city, 'burbs -- he won't become anything in millions of years because he'll be dead, and if he's alone, as you said, he won't even reproduce, so his progeny, after millions of years, won't exist.

g

He also can not survive for millions of years even with food .. You did not understand me

@belfodil correct. i did not understand you. what you just said doesn't make it the least bit clearer, either. if you wrote something comprehensible, maybe i would have a chance of understanding.

g

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:188513
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.