Agnostic.com

7 0

Science of light and the darkness of ignorance

Can science prove the existence or absence of God? and Why?

belfo 6 Sep 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Prove one does not exist, Absolutely not! If a thinking agent creator exists in the natural world, then science can be used to asses the possibility that it was the cause.

If you're asking can science be used to investigate the supernatural then I would answer by saying no, and a way to understand why science can't do that is better understood by asking another question. Can you place a physical square peg into a square slot that doesn't exist in the physical reality and take away any scientific data from that? If there is such a thing as the supernatural, the moment you interact with it or identify it, you have changed it into something natural.

Another way to think of supernatural, it's a safe place to put things that are hoped for because science can't investigate them.

Science is not for proving things. It does make the existence of god look pretty unlikely, though.

IF there were a god, AND that god had measurable effect for which no other hypothesis could possibly account, the method could get very close to "proving" god, although it's poor usage because "science" doesn't prove things, observation does, we just use the method to verify and sustain observations and to support hypotheses about the causes of things we observe.

Science can also disprove theistic claims, but to disprove "god" the theists would have to stop changing their definition every single time a new discovery proves one of their claims patently false.

so, it depends on which "god" you are talking about, and the claims made about it. if your "god" is "it's completely unobservable and has no actual measurable effect on anything in the real world", then your god is useless to science, it is no longer a thing which science has any interest in at all. regardless of it's existence or non-existence.

If, for example, the God that I was talking about, was measurable by science, it will only be the the god of Scientists, like (Einstein, for example), And what about the Illiterate people, who do not know reading and writing, they are the majority of people? ...And I do not think it is fair to have a specific means for specific people only, to prove the existence of God or not

science is a study, not a thing. there is no point in trying to prove the nonexistence of a god; first you'd have to pick which god, and you'd end up having to disprove the existence of the tooth fairy too.

g

If God existed, it should be possible to prove it. But, on the other hand, science cannot prove that God does not exist.

I believe that science cannot prove the existence_or non existence specifically .. but it can prove, that Coincidence it is impossible in many discoveries, and this will takes us a big step to think ... I do not want to be a believer or non believer or anything, only motivated by passion or intolerance I want to have an Belief and orientation, but by knowledge of science And meditate on everything around me

either way the answer is no. Science deals with the physical universe not the ethereal

You think science is not the right way,

@belfodil you misunderstand my meaning. bye

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:188817
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.