Agnostic.com

28 8

Have you ever had to end a relationship with someone you loved, due to religious baggage?

It amazes me that no one who truly believe in it can see the obviously flaws about religion. How no one sees that Adam and Eve were set up to fail then punished for it. The mystery where Cain’s wife came from if all of mankind is supposed to be linked back to the original two people that sinned. No one can seem to think about the fact that hell sounds ridiculous or think critically about the fact this god would already know who is headed there way before a person is born, yet he would allow them to be born in the first place. No one could seem to put two and two together and question why could it have taken god so damn long to kill the devil, yet he had no problem killing all those people of the Bible and the devil is the main enemy. No one could ever seem to see that this so called perfect god would already know in advance that people would turn bad then have to say he regretted making human beings in the scriptures. No one ever seemed to stop to think why their religion is the absolutely right one with all the billons of people in the world, who are born in different religions and all religions claim to be true. I just don’t understand it. I don’t understand why people could become this brainless. I always hated church. I found it boring and a complete waste of time. I hate religion cause all it is, is a control mechanism and it poisons everything, but I guess only the weak stay captive and the strong don’t and are freed.

EmeraldJewel 7 Jan 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

28 comments (26 - 28)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This may not fit perfectly here as we were not in love, however, it was an experience I will never forget. I was dating someone, back when I was trying to convince myself I was a Christian. She was a bit fanciful which I found charming. She was very religious but not preachy. But as they say, there comes a moment that signals the end of a relationship. That moment was when we were relaxing having just gotten back from being out. She turned to me and said, "I was talking at work that I think that Santa Clause is the Devil." I did not laugh at her. We finished the evening with polite conversation and said our goodbyes. I never told her that I had played the jolly 'ol elf a few times, and I think I am a nice guy.

Doug Level 5 Feb 3, 2018

😀 if there is a devil out there i think he might be nice too.

Yup. I was still a Christian then but our traditions and practices were different. His father was a so called prophet and therefore spoke directly to God. So I was dating the prophet's son and the family and church was waiting for him to receive his blessings to become a prophet too so he can take whatever authority in their church. At the time I thought it was so much bull$h!+ but I played along. I indulged and took part their whooey practices. At best I got food at worst I was inconvenienced but my obligations to the future prophet and church was becoming unbearable. Heck I still had my own church to honour. I tried to reason with him that a lot of the church practices were not conventional and I shouldn't be force to take part. Eventually I had to call off the relationship. I was going crazy pretending I didn't think the whole family and church was full of $h!+... I didn't want to. He's a really nice guy and treated me well. I have nothing but wonderful memories of him and I barely even remember the whooey stuff I had to do. We're still friends 14yrs later. He's now married and I suppose the wife is fulfilling her duties as a future prophet wife.

They just think we are all going to hell. Nothing personal, haha.

JK666 Level 7 Jan 30, 2018
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:18936
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.