Agnostic.com

9 5

This SNL bit on "Aziz Ansari" is so spot on I'm placing this in "News" rather than "Silly"...

phxbillcee 10 Jan 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

People need to understand that just because it isn't assault doesn't mean it isn't an asshole move that needs to be criticized.

@pxhbillsee it is not a woman's responsibily to protect a man's "fragile feelings." It's not our problem that you need to be liked and haven't learned how not to take rejection personally. That is a problem that is yours to solve (generic "you" meaning men in general). Some of you men take it to such ridiculous extremes that you call women names for rejecting you even when she is a stranger on the Internet that you've never met. No one should have strong feelings about being rejected by a stranger. If you do you are failing to take responsibility for managing your own emotions. Women already do too much emotional labor. Men need to learn to handle rejection better (and recognize rejection better) so women are not afraid of being verbally abused or even killed for letting a guy down gently or not paying him any attention. You only need to worry about a bruised ego. We need to worry about being raped and/or killed. Fix that problem and women will have no problem giving blunt and direct rejections and you'll never get a fake phone number ever again. (Personally I do take risks in bluntly rejecting men because many of you are difficult to get rid of, but that's just me.) If you have no evidence of her being enthusiastic about what you want to do, you should assume the answer is no and go away quietly. If you aren't sure, ask. Being "thick" is unacceptable when that thickness "coincidently" just happens to benefit you. (Hint: when a woman says I have to get up early in the morning it means get the fuck out of my car.) I see no reason the default has to be yes when the number of nos is always going to be higher.

I'm shocked that not only did Aziz not lose his show, but there was a huge promo of him when you opened the Netflix app regarding his win. Is the Teflon coating for the me too movement getting multiple blowjobs from your accuser? Or are people already turning on the movement's oversaturation? I'm confused.

The issue at the heart of the "Aziz Ansari conversation" is not Aziz Ansari, or #metoo--its how we've been socialized to be uncomfortable with communication.

Have you seen the meme making the FB rounds that says (paraphrased) "The reason we can't talk to each other about religion or politics is because we've been taught that these are not topics for 'polite conversation'; we'd be better off teaching people how to speak and listen and disagree respectfully."? There's no reason adults should be categorically unable to discuss challenging topics.

Respect does not mandate a gag order.

Respect demands an audience.

It was a hilarious skit. Hilarious in the omg-my-society-is-circling-the-drain way.

Yep, the biggest thing, in my mind, that came out of this incident was the lack of communication or at least the lack of understanding. I think both parties have a responsibility in any relationship/dialogue/interaction. Women need to speak out clearly & men need to listen. Now, most men are hoping to "get lucky" so they will, even subconsciously, ignore subtle cues that point to "No". This is not an excuse, just what men are hard-wired for. We can overcome this. But, & this has been "generalized" in many a comedic bit, women often expect men to pick up on things that are really often just not "seen" by them. The old, "If you don't know why I'm upset, then that is the problem." type of thing. Ladies, consider us thick! Most decent men will not only stop if actually told to, but will be apologetic to the rafters. We have mothers & sisters & friends, we have been taught to be respectful & wish to be. But we want to get laid, too! If that is not where you want the relationship to go, Tell US! But, please, do not lead us on just for free drinks or a meal, that cheapens you & angers & confuses us. I am not, by any stretch, saying all or most women do this, but men are fragile, emotionally, & we are constantly on the edge thinking "are we REALLY liked?" most of the time, especially early in a relationship. I'm cool as hell, & still pretty durn cute, & I am not a newbie to relationships, but even I tend to be somewhat tentative at first...no one likes to be hurt or humiliated.

I don't have cable so I'm missing s lot of good satire. Thanks for posting.

I do my best! I'll keep posting things I think y'all might like 'til they tell me to stop.

So on point!! LMAO Just read thru the comments, no surprise the number of comments about where we get our news!!

This is fantastic. My college aged son and I discussed this for an hour. I must say I sounded like a dinosaur. To be honest to me it just sounded like a bad date. I’ve heard the story many times. But I’m 63.

Norie Level 5 Jan 28, 2018

I'm watching SNL on my DVR right now. Just finished the sketch where Will Ferrell is an atheist flight attendant!

That was hilarious!

I posted that one, too! LOL

On point

Unfortunately I think the comedians are a reliable news source these days

If not for comedians, SNL & late night hosts we may never get in-depth news!

Hey if not for comedians we have no idea what is going on...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:18977
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.