Agnostic.com

3 0

Best way to argue with " Holy Spirit will not reveal you the truth if you don't trust god" Argument with my Brother

GlaslowII 4 Sep 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

He's talking circles. Ignore him.

Yeah, i always do that but my brother always test my patience

Best way to approach that subject is to ask the person to define holy spirit and god. You can’t get traction in a discussion if you are unknowingly talking about different things.

skado Level 9 Sep 30, 2018

Actually i approached differently i said that his argument is invalid because i can use that to other religions and i know he will just use verses and try to persuade me that it is the truth.

There is no argument against blind faith. You can't win in the traditional sense. You can only share your feelings as to why you don't have blind faith.

One option is to say that you have faith in him because he is real and you can prove his existence.

Actually i have given some good arguments against my brother, but his responses are "intelligent and wise people tend to be selfish and arrogant" and "truth will only prevail on those with humilty and trusts god whole heartedly"

@GlaslowII His generalizations are incorrect. But of course you know that.

@RiverRick can you teach me to argue better next time?

@GlaslowII Never argue! DISCUSS! He who loses their cool and raises their voice to make a point always loses!

@RiverRick thanks for the advice.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:190252
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.