Agnostic.com

6 3

QUESTION Dune Remake Director Calls It Star Wars for Adults - MovieWeb

I’m excited about this. I’m a big fan of the Frank Herbert books.

ballou 8 Jan 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

What??? How did I NOT know this?? The Spice Strikes Back!!

Sadoi Level 7 Jan 31, 2018

The spice must flow...

I have the original plus all the books, I will see the remake.

I love that movie! I will reserve all judgment on the new one until after I've seen it.
I am, however, afraid to get my hopes up.

I think the story and special affects will be better this time around. It was very difficult for David Lynch to transfer the book to movie 34 years ago. The thing I'm looking forward to the most is that if the remake is successful, there will be many sequels. I think Frank Herbert wrote six books in the series.

@balou There's a documentary, Jodorowsky's Dune (2013). I found it fascinating. It's about the Chilean-French cult filmmaker, Alejandro Jodorowsky's, attempt to adapt and make the movie during the 70s. Millions of dollars were spent, and all for naught.

@KKGator I'll have to check that out..

@KKGator Thanks for sharing - I had not idea! Renting this weekend!!!

I really enjoyed the first movie, couldn't get into the ScyFy channel remake. Patrick Stewart and Sting, along with the rest of the eccentric cast, really give the film a character which is sets a high bar. The voice over is a bit impersonal but I don't mind it. My personal goal is to have those eyebrows, you know the ones.

Thufir Hawat! lol

If it's even half as good as Blade Runner 2049 was, we will finally have an awesome big screen adaptation of Dune to look forward to.

I loved the first movie and director Denis Villeneuve was faithful to the story line with the sequel. I have high hopes for his Dune remake.

@TheMiddleWay very much so. I think that Denis Villeneuve has a bright future ahead of him in film making.

Sounds like something I would like to see.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:19041
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.