Agnostic.com

4 2

QUESTION Teen discusses losing faith then suing over prayer in her school

"She says there is no escaping God in her school.
And although raised as a Christian, the teenager says the pressure to pray on campus has instead backfired and led to her losing her faith.
Now the Webster Parish student is an agnostic living in the heart of America's Bible Belt.
And for the first time, Kaylee Cole - a 17-year-old whose family contacted the ACLU upset over prayer at school - discusses why she has chosen to sue.
The ACLU recently targeted Bossier and Webster school districts over student-led prayers during school announcements and at athletic events.
Officials with both districts say they're doing nothing wrong."

bryan1079 5 Jan 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Gracious! There should alternate, religion-free schools if the public schools won't follow the law. Or there's home schooling, which is what I did.

In my case my kids were too dyslexic and high IQ to send to public school, as they were reading at two, doing algebra at five, and reading encyclopedias at four. They could speed read through books as fast as they could flip the pages, yet remember every word.

Scary. They checked out 200 books every two weeks at the country library, so I had to bring a laundry basket with handles, and they'd each read five books on the way home in the car.

When I had a divorce and sent them to public school at middle school age, they thought school was joke. The teachers realized the kids knew more than they did and were sort of afraid of asking them a question in class, as they'd be floored with a stream of info the teachers didn't previously know.

So they just allowed my kids to bring books like the Iliad to school, and read to themselves during class.

Very interesting

Good on her!

Indoctrinating teens, yes, it stops them from thinking and using reasoning skills.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:19057
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.