Agnostic.com

3 1

LINK The Twilight Zone: Its Relevance Today

Rod Serling was man of conscience and a great storyteller.

Krish55 8 Sep 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Before clicking the link I was thinking of The Monsters Are Due on Maple Street episode.

Superb episode. A recurring theme of Serling of how civil order can easily breakdown. So relevant to today.

Immoderate humans are wrong to produce so many artificial products, scientific, artistic etc., when our limited Planet is suffocated by inequity and pollution. #terraisfamily #moralevolutionfirst #terraprotectivity

tipi Level 7 Oct 1, 2018

I read that Serling's daughter was very upset at Kavanaugh and his republicans referring to the Twilight Zone. Absolutely. What the Republicans are facing is not the Twilight Zone but a Reality Check Zone.

I have every episode of the Twilight Zone. Watched them in sequence a couple of years ago. They are wonderful. Themes are totally relevant to today, because they are universal. Made by a generation, like Serling, who faced the horror of WW2. The influence of so many episodes resonates to today and to modern movies and TV. Serling himself was such an interesting man.

Anyone who has not seen this series, has truly missed out.

@powder oh yes, Robert Redford, impossibly young and handsome as a nice Grim Reaper, comes to mind.

@powder oh yeah, opposite Burt Reynolds, wasn't it? I'll have to check.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:190813
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.