Agnostic.com

7 0

Anticipated Death

If you knew you would die within 72 hours, how would you spend that time?

kozmic 6 Oct 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Spend it with my sons

Hmm... Suddenly I would no longer afraid to try sky diving....

Eat all the foods that I don’t eat now, tell all the dicks out there just what I really think of them and throw an amazing party with all my favorite music. 😀

Cleaning house… and explaining it to those closest to me..

Varn Level 8 Oct 1, 2018

Do things as I normally would except that a lot of my time would be spent in saying my goodbyes.

Stopping whatever it was I "knew" was supposed to kill me.

I'd say my goodbyes. Those would be few and wouldn't take 72 hours so for the rest I would probably relax.

I'm at an age where my mortality is starting to effect my planning. The other day I considered a prospectus to invest a small amount of our nest egg in a local business. But they wanted the loan for 11 years. I'll be 72 in 11 years. I have no idea how my health will hold up or if I'll even be alive. I or my heirs may need that money before then. So that investment was not an option.

That really drove home in a practical way that I'm on the home stretch. And you know how I felt about that? Strangely comforted. Life is finite, and you can put up with anything that has an endpoint.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:190928
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.