Agnostic.com

15 4

Is your state you live in a super religious state?

I think Colorado Springs is the most religious city in our state, and I'm stuck in this city. All I hear out in public at Wal-Mart, from the cashiers is, "Have blessed day, " or "god bless you." I just smile and move on. Or say, "Thank you." No one in public knows I'm an atheist. I don't go announcing that type of thing. Just my place and work environment know. As well as my family and FB. Other than that, I don't say much in public. I don't normally go out being rude if someone tells me those types of comments. Then again, I rarely go out either. I think religion stops people from having common sense in some areas. Is your state super religious?

Sarahroo29 8 Jan 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Whoah - and some! Northern Ireland is still hot for battles involving Prince William of Orange, adn the Pope. Wall ends are painted with large murals of him on his white horse. Parading season never seems to end . When I came here 25 years ago I couldn't understand one bit of the social context - The Troubles were still going strong as were peace talks that never went anywhere and were periodically suspended. (I don't think we are a state) N.I . Is a country allied to the UK rather than Southern Ireland. Great fun having a border to cross on such a tiny island. We have a train line that links Belfast and Dublin though and these days there are no customs officers on board looking for contraband.

Does not matter where I live... I live in a state of Rejection.

Alabama is the buckle of the bible belt!!! In certain places you could be the recipient of a burning at the stake activity if you said anything about being anything but a christian.

TEXAS. We have an evangelical for Lt. Governor and a christian Governor.

I would say Southern Louisiana but it's the entire south !!

Freaking Mormons everywhere. Highly disappointing in a town called Sin City.

Ugh I live in Oklahoma. I don’t really care how hey believe as long as they don’t try to force their belief off on me and threaten me eternal damnation because I don’t see the point to believe like that.

Y'all have got to understand that even something that appears contradictory can still be meaningful. Take the fact that human beings are dissatisfied with satisfaction, they want not only to have stuff but to be pursuing stuff constantly or we get bored. Tradition can still be meaningful even if it is in some ways contradictory because without it we just have chaos with nothing to pursue to satisfy our lust for meaning.

I live in Central Florida and it’s pretty damn religious here. I don’t really care too much because I believe people should believe what they want but it does get annoying when you can’t have a normal conversation.

I live in Georgia. Around here there's a church on every corner. Hell, I can walk to 4 right now. Until just recently it was illegal to buy or sell alcohol on Sunday. It still is illegal in certain counties, cities and on Christmas Day.

Texas, Waco, yes yes yes.

Yes Northern Ireland is full of contradictory beliefs which is surprising since there is only one bone of contention in the whole ceremony. They have 99.9% in common and much more in common as citizens yet it must be one of the most divided countries we have.

Although my state has a large number theist believers (we have a major French Catholic population segment), our state is among the lowest ranked for church attendance.

I like in a very religious area also. I'm not sure that religion stops people from having common sense. I think that people with no common sense are more likely to be religious.

I live in south Louisiana, so most people here are religious. I really don't care who knows I'm Agnostic (most don't know what it means anyway). My son is Atheist and he doesn't care who knows either. I've had people ask me if I worship Satan lol. I don't really care what anyone else thinks or says to me, they don't pay my bills nor does my life depend on them, if it did I guess I'm screwed.

I don't worship satan, but I do agree with many of his opinions.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:19139
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.