Agnostic.com

9 2

Whether or not you play video games on your own time, do you find or think playing video games with your partner would be a fun activity that brings you two closer?

Too-Tall-Otaku 3 Jan 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

No, I play strategy games on a computer, no console games. I've played some games in group setting on computer, it was fun, the arguing between the couples was not.

I've dated women who game, and women who don't. I much prefer the former. I don't even game much anymore, maybe once a week at most, but I still enjoy the competition. Trash talk during Mario Kart has to be one of the things I miss most about my high school sweet heart.

No I'd rather play real board games with a group of people I love/like.

I've gone from table top, to computer, to console and back to table top.

I decided to way in on this question, simply because it might come in handy in your mind, down the road. I don't play many games, never have. But, if I did...would it endear me to a love interest, I doubt it? That is a mental process, and loving feelings between people, come out of emotions. And I wonder if playing certain games would cultivate to much competition. That would not feel loving.

I've had some massive arguments with people over video games... Mario, as innocent as it seems, could end a relationship in a matter of hours- I'm sure of it!

Tried with all my might to keep my darling daughters from carjacking, cold blooded murder and bloody combat… I failed.. 1st friends gave them ‘hand me down’ gaming gear, next they bought their own. My only ‘counter’ was Guitar Hero ..which turned them into little mettleheads … hanging outside the hotel of Aerosmith until they’d gotten photos with all but (the elusive) Joe Perry..

I’ve avoided such stuff, and still think it desensitizes youth to violence, but apparently, I’m just a dad… Can’t imagine myself and a significant other playing black ops 3 in bed, though. But my daughters’ have described spending the night in a living room with friends ..basically waking each other periodically to keep some video game alive.

I’ll still kick around some on my skateboard, though … and I’ve got a couple extras 😉 I like outside ~

Varn Level 8 Jan 29, 2018

Totally depends on who it is. I've been with some freakishly competitive guys who can't stand not winning and get totally butthurt over it. I prefer not to play at all in that case.

As long as you're an adult about it, I'm cool. I'm not really into the kinds of games that lend themselves to multiplayer, though. I'm partial to MMORPGs, puzzles, and sandboxes. I was a Minecraft zombie for a while.

Best if the game is not terribly interesting to me, actually. I'm kind of a junkie in recovery with games...

I don't think so

@stevil somehow your comment got deleted. thanks for your concern

No, in 1975, I played pong with this girl that beat me. I said never again... never had.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:19176
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.