Agnostic.com

4 0

Is it immoral to have kids?

Rossi 4 Jan 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I don’t think anyone should reproduce. Good luck with that, huh?

At a replacement rate, no. By the dozen? Perhaps...

Zster Level 8 Jan 29, 2018

Nope.

Do you think it is, @Rossi?

Do you have kids?

I've seen some discussion this on other sites before, and I think it's interesting question.

First and foremost, I do believe morality is relative and evolves as we obtain knowledge and consider other perspectives.

When you consider the growing over-population around the world, and the negative implications that humanity has already had on our planet...

Like many philosophical questions, I'm not confident a simple yes/no answer.

@BlueWave: While I wouldn't consider your own children (if you have any) necessarily relevant to the question, as I'd presume it's more difficult to look at the answer objectively.
But yes, I have two kids, currently 13 and 10, I have full custody & provide for both of them in all aspects of life. Of course, I can provide for them a lot better now than I could 10 years ago. Additionally, their biological Mom had a child before my two kids, so I've already contributed to the over-population factor.

If you aren't committed to parenthood. I know some folks feel that it isn't right to have children in a world filled with uncertainty and strife, but has there ever been a period where the world wasn't filled with bad stuff?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:19204
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.