Agnostic.com

10 4

Any Dr Who fans?

Are you my mummy? Hey, who turned out the lights? Don't be lasagna...
So many great night's watching the Doctor and his companions.
Who is your favorite character?
Favorite episode?

Beloved 4 Jan 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Bow ties are cool.

I really look forward to Jodi being the Doctor. It will give a different perspective from the character but my question is will she be Scottish?
As far as my favorite Doctor it would have to be Capaldi, loved the guitar and the facial expressions and his hair in later episodes. I wonder what type of characteristics the new companion will have.
The curiosity is eating me alive.
Favorite companion: Amy Pond
Favorite villain: Daleks and Weeping Angels.

I used to be, going back the great days of Tom Baker and even before that. It's gotten too silly and politically correct for me. I thought I'd like the last guy and though he's a great actor I just couldn't maintain interest. Now he's going to be a woman. I mean really? They had women Time Lords back in the 70s and that was great, but no he's got to be a woman now. Pass.

I'm thrilled about Jody.
I don't think of it as politically correct as much as changing with the times.

I watched it on PBS as a young kid (fifth and sixth Doctors in the early to mid '80s). Then I didn't see it for several years, but read some of the books. I was so excited when the movie came out on CBS in 1996, but I was sad it didn't get the anticipated reboot at that time. I was quite excited when it finally got a reboot and was syndicated on Sci-Fi Channel. I watched the ninth and tenth Doctors, but Sci-Fi became Syfy (stupid name, stupid direction) and they dropped Doctor Who. I haven't watched since. 😟 Maybe someday I'll get back to it.

I binge-watched a season of Dr Who. Enjoyed it but is that a show that you really have to have someone to watch it with?

So doctors aren't characters? If so, I'm a #10 fangirl, and I always had a soft spot for the Face of Boe.

How about favorite companion, and favorite actor playing the Doctor? I am torn between Amy, Donna, and Clara. I dig Tom Baker, Matt Smith, and Peter Capaldi.

@Beloved I'm always torn about companions. I wasn't particularly keen on Donna to begin with but she really grew on me. A lot. I sobbed at her departure. Clara was the reverse: I liked her a lot to begin with and grew weary of her. Amy I always liked. 🙂

With the Doctor, I love David Tennant followed by Christopher Eccleston, and then Matt Smith (who got a ridiculously meandering story arc). Are you looking forward to Jodie Whittaker?

I'm super excited about Jodi Whittaker. I can't wait til the new season starts. That Christmas cliffhanger got me fucked up.

Me, too, @Beloved! We'll have to plan on reviewing with each other after it airs. 🙂

Madame Vastra is my favorite Dr. Who character.

Gohan Level 7 Jan 29, 2018

I love Jenny. They make a cute couple.

Hmmm... every now and then.

The oldies are the goodies

Source:
jeffy Level 7 Jan 29, 2018

Fair enough

@Beloved I been too busy to follow tv shows but don't feel bad, at my high of following science fiction I couldn't stomach battlestar galactica either. Dr Who was popular enough that it was shown in Puerto Rico in the public station on saturdays. But I was never home on the weekends to watch tv.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:19280
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.