Agnostic.com

9 7

How many of you here are into wildlife or bird photography?

I moved to Thailand in 2010 because one of my Thai Morehead State University students showed me photos of birds he'd taken in the Thailand jungle, so I moved here to teach English.

This morning I photographed a common sun skink eating a centipede, but the file must be too big to upload here.

birdingnut 8 Jan 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Totally into it.

I've been discouraged with photo hosting sites lately..I uploaded all my photos to twitpic.com, but they went bust. Then I uploaded everything to Picasa but that went bust also, I tried Flickr, but when I changed computers, I was locked out and told I'd have to download all my photos and re-upload them under a new account..a job that would take days.

I was in photobucket for years, but stopped because of the superior quality of the other web hosting sites, but I guess I can return to using it.

Right now I just upload to Facebook, then to google drive, where I have unlimited photo and video storage for joining Amazon prime. Trouble is, I have to label each photo I upload to the drive as I can't label them after uploading, at least so far, from my laptop. That means that once I upload I can't do a search for a particular photo, but only the label on the file.

why don't you just set up a desktop computer with 6 to 8 hard hard drives in RAID Support? I try to use open source software. Because I got tired having to purchase new software all the time.

RAID (Redundant Array of Independent Disks, originally Redundant Array of Inexpensive Disks) is a data storage virtualization technology that combines multiple physical disk drive components into one or more logical units for the purposes of data redundancy, performance improvement, or both.[1]

Data is distributed across the drives in one of several ways, referred to as RAID levels, depending on the required level of redundancy and performance. The different schemes, or data distribution layouts, are named by the word "RAID" followed by a number, for example RAID 0 or RAID 1. Each schema, or RAID level, provides a different balance among the key goals: reliability, availability, performance, and capacity. RAID levels greater than RAID 0 provide protection against unrecoverable sector read errors, as well as against failures of whole physical drives.

@dc65 Storing photos in hard drives is what convinced me to move to the cloud..a virus can enter and wipe out even the extra hard drives. That happened four times in a row until I had few photos left.

I love nature and draw animals

I feel like we have a lot in common. I was an adjunct instructor of web design at the community college a little over a decade ago,

Recently, I am separated from my husband and my lawyer says no dating until at minimum, August, I guess. During this transition/self-discovery/crazy time, I too am interested in photographing birds. Attached is a photograph of Canadian swans that come down from Canada during the winter. We have bird walks occasionally in our local park. I thought about getting some photographs and making a website using the stable version of Bootstrap 4.0 currently out. There's actually a Sanctuary /rescue place for parrots nearby. I'm thinking of joining up to come out of my shell a little bit. It's easy to sit behind a computer and talk to people only behind a screen. I thought about bars, but what the lawyer said...

Was into wildlife photography when I was in college. Took a lot of outdoor photos that were done with a macro zoom lens and Ricoh camera back in the day. Still like good quality pix and use them as my computer wallpaper.

I just have a cheesy pocket camera since I am rough on them I take pics of the sky or landscapes since that can capture them

I’ve thought about getting into bird photography and treating it like filling out the pokedex from Pokemon. (without capturing them of course)

Wow that's amazing! I love watching birds and wildlife especially in foreign countries, though I am terrible with a camera. I admire you 🙂 Never too late to learn

Sacha Level 7 Jan 29, 2018

I am an outdoors, nature person, a birder and enjoy all wildlife. However I rarely take photos other than of wildflowers. Wildflowers will pose for you.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:19350
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.